Windows 10: The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga

Discus and support The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All,We all love CTRL + Z, we press it probably hundreds of times a day to fix problems in word, notepad etc. etc.But what we dont want CTRL + Z to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SanchitJain1, May 14, 2021.

1. The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga

Hi All,We all love CTRL + Z, we press it probably hundreds of times a day to fix problems in word, notepad etc. etc.But what we dont want CTRL + Z to do is to delete folders, irrespective of where they came from, how they got there and whats inside them.Let me give you all a scenario which i face almost everyday in my project. Below are steps I do and became miserable to the point of crying:1. Go to a folder on my C: Drive, it has 7 folders inside it which act as Templates for my daily work2. I copy these 7 folders, then go to a location in D: drive, create a folder with today's date and paste

:)

SanchitJain1, May 14, 2021

2. 2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues

Ctrl+Z will undo the previous action, e.g.

• When you insert a text into a Word document then Ctrl+Z will undo the insertion.
    • When you create a formula in a spreadsheet then Ctrl+Z will remove the formula.

It seems you expect Ctrl+Z to ask the user whether he really wants to undo the most recent action. This would constitute a major change of philosophy.

Frederik Long, May 14, 2021
  3. NeoLiya Win User
    ctrl + z = my folder got deleted

Hello,

so I accidentally deleted my folder with videos (by pressing ctrl and z), I tried to recover them with "Recuva", but it found only few videos... Are my files lost forever ? T 3 T

NeoLiya, May 14, 2021
  4. The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 14, 2021
Thema:

The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga

1. The Curious Case of CTRL + Z And Miracle Folder Deletion Saga - Similar Threads - Curious Case CTRL

2. How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z: I copied files from my phone to the PC. I created a folder on the desktop and started copying them gradually. Each time I copied a certain portion, I immediately deleted it from the mobile. At one point, I wanted to restore some deleted files from the phone using the Ctrl+Z...
  3. Ctrl z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  4. Ctrl z

Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  5. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Files with CTRL+z: Hi Guys!Please help me, I lost ,y very very important files in my Desktop Pc with use CTRL+Z, I copied my files on Desktop then For another Reason I Pressed CTRL+Z Without Understanding that Action can deleted my files, then i did my work after 10 minutes i Understood that my...
  6. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Files with CTRL+z: Hi Guys!Please help me, I lost ,y very very important files in my Desktop Pc with use CTRL+Z, I copied my files on Desktop then For another Reason I Pressed CTRL+Z Without Understanding that Action can deleted my files, then i did my work after 10 minutes i Understood that my...
  7. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

8. Ctrl+Z deleted many files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+Z deleted many files: I had a folder full of files I was using for a video. Photoshop files, images, and audio that I was using and spent a lot of time on. I brought some of them over into Premiere from the explorer, and was going back and forth between the explorer and Premiere moving and...
  9. 2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues: Hello, I've seen posts about this problem since at least 2014. How it continues? I copy files from my phone to my pc. Remove files from phone. Accidentally hit ctrl-z outside my work in progress and every file i just copied from my phone disappear. Already tested softwares...
  10. Ctrl +Z deleted files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl +Z deleted files?: I always used cut and paste files from one location to another. Yesterday when I right clicked randomly I see in the menu "undo" I was curious what it was, so I clicked on it. Then I realized that my files moved back to C partition from D. I did redo, undo a few times and...