Windows 10: The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device

Discus and support The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to show you how to resolve the issue The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 14, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device

WinClub, Feb 14, 2020
  2. G_R
    G_R Win User

the current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device

Getting the following message periodically, computer will freeze, shut down, screen goes black. After several attempts will revive.

<the current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device>

Its an upgrade from W7, has been operating fine for at least 8 months.

reporting bios problem intermittently- Original Title

3. the current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Run an Startup Repair on the system

This is an alternate way to boot the PC and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps given below. Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click Startup Repair

g) Windows will then look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

To download the Windows 10 ISO refer the link below

Download Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you

Anup Karkal, Feb 14, 2020
  4. G_R
    G_R Win User

the current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device

Actually a daughter's computer, have been communicating with her from afar..will be back in a few days and have more information. The system does run normally at times, and then screen goes black, seems to freeze, restart may or may not bring up the 'bios'
    message.

Thema:

1. The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device - Similar Threads - current BIOS setting

2. About Boot bios setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About Boot bios setting: Hello I had a problem with my bios setting… First it was showing reboot and select proper boot device then i changed my boot priorities…but it didn't work…so i changed it to default setting…but this time I accidentally changed my ‘launch video opRom policy' to do not...
  3. About Boot bios setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Boot bios setting: Hello I had a problem with my bios setting… First it was showing reboot and select proper boot device then i changed my boot priorities…but it didn't work…so i changed it to default setting…but this time I accidentally changed my ‘launch video opRom policy' to do not...
  4. ACPI 2.0 support in BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI 2.0 support in BIOS settings: My Desktop is running Windows 10 Home on Asus motherboard P5GC-MX-1333 BIOS setup is on default settings ACPI 2.0 support - Disabled & ACPI APCI support - EnabledShould I enable ACPI 2.0 support?...
  5. ACPI 2.0 support in BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI 2.0 support in BIOS settings: My Desktop is running Windows 10 Home on Asus motherboard P5GC-MX-1333 BIOS setup is on default settings ACPI 2.0 support - Disabled & ACPI APCI support - EnabledShould I enable ACPI 2.0 support?...
  6. ACPI 2.0 support in BIOS settings

7. stuck bios boot device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    stuck bios boot device: I got a wireless USB wifi adapter.i open my pc plug the USB wifi adapter and install the driver itself and it told me to restart my computer I restarted it and I got stuck on the bios boot it was 1 hour until I realize when I remove the USB wifi adapter it kept going.i tried...
  8. Saving boot device in BIOS

Saving boot device in BIOS: Every time I have a power failure and the power is then restored, my computer doesn't know where to boot from. I have to go into the BIOS and select the boot device at which the computerimmediately boots. I do not get a chance to save that boot device setting. How do i...
  9. After bios flash windows won't boot fully.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After bios flash windows won't boot fully.: Hi, So ive updated my bios in order and without interruption. After the last update was done the pc booted fine and went to the windows screen (the windows 10 with the blue windows logo) and its been stuck in that a couple of times now for 30 mins atleast. Did i do...
  10. The device is currently busy and it's contents may not be fully displayed. If another...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The device is currently busy and it's contents may not be fully displayed. If another...: I am trying to transfer photos from my Google Pixel 3a. When I connect the phone and open the DCIM > Camera folder, I get this message: The device is currently busy and it's contents may not be fully displayed. If another application is copying data to or from a device,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the current bios setting do not fully support the boot device