Windows 10: The data area passed to a system call is too small

Discus and support The data area passed to a system call is too small in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try and run an App installed from the Windows store I get this error. There is no option other than OK. Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wortho, Sep 8, 2018.

1. wortho Win User

The data area passed to a system call is too small

When I try and run an App installed from the Windows store I get this error.

There is no option other than OK.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit.

Dell Precision i5-7440HQ, 32Gb RAM.

Apps that fail with this error:

Video Editor (VideoProjectsLauncher.exe)

iTunes (iTunes.exe)

I primarily use my laptop for developing .net solutions - so I have VS2017 (latest service packs as I read this has caused this issue in the past), SQL2016.

I have tried the App trouble shooter. No solution.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

:)

wortho, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Rich147 Win User

Hi

I've recently installed windows 10. Whenever I try to open a jpeg file I get the following message:

"The data area passed to a system call is too small".

Any ideas please?

Rich147, Sep 8, 2018
  3. GC7280 Win User
    the data area passed to a system call is too small - printer

Error message was the title of my post - "The data area passed to a system call is too small" and as stated
    cannot remove last update on windows 10 because windows 10 will not allow it..

GC7280, Sep 8, 2018
  4. cancienne9 Win User

I am using Windows 10 with a H.P. 8250 Photosmart printer connected via USB port. I installed the Microsoft driver(s) for this printer, but I get the "the data area passed to a system call is to small" and of course I do NOT get a print out of the selected
    file. Please assist....thanks.

cancienne9, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. The data area passed to a system call is too small - Similar Threads - data area passed

2. "Data area ...too small message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Data area ...too small message.: This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-area-too-small-message/82efc510-1fcf-4cd9-9a22-c5418ecbf361"
  3. Data area too small. JPGs won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Data area too small. JPGs won't open: This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it? [img] 121141
  4. Task Manager won't open, error message "The data area passed to a system call too small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager won't open, error message "The data area passed to a system call too small: I recently experienced some issues with one of my hard drives on my computer (not the drive on which Windows is installed) and had to replace it. I had ProcessExplorer linked as the Ctrl+Alt+Del Task Manager but it was on that drive so of course when I tried to launch Task...
  5. Unable to recover - System drive too small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to recover - System drive too small: Unable to recover - System drive too small After installing Windows 10 last week, I created a system image using the built-in backup software. The system OS SSD is 120GB. Over the weekend I restored my system back to Windows 7 using a prior image so I could transfer a...
  6. EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker

EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker: Hi. I'm just picking up a comment by @NavyLCDR here - Windows 10 System Partition Requirement UEFI - NTFS or FAT32 - Windows 10 Forums You need to expand your FAT32 EFI System Partition to at least 350mb in size. I would recommend using MiniTool Partition Wizard to do...
  7. Display either too blurry or too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display either too blurry or too small: Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and it changed my display settings. I am currently using resolution of 1920X1080, and when I switched over, it made a lot of my stuff blurry. For example, my skype screen, steam screen, as well as a bunch of other screens became really...
  8. Edge Font Too Small

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Font Too Small: This may be just a problem for older folks like me but sometimes I think Microsoft shoots itself in the foot or they are just plain arrogant. It seems that they keep touting Edge as the browser of choice but then they make the font too small to read and there is no way to...
  9. Applications opening too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Applications opening too small: Certain applications, including (but not limited to) Photoshop open far too small making them unusable. Note that it is only the application opening too small, the other items on the desktop seem fine. Resolution is set to 3200 x 1800 and I've experimented with different...
  10. Disk too small?

Disk too small?: So I have a Sony VAIO laptop. It came with Windows 7 and I was able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10. I wanted to then upgrade the HD from a 5400 drive to an SSD. Old one was 580 or so GB, new one is 480 GB. First step I tried was to clone the original drive using...