Windows 10: The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save.

Discus and support The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save. Everything I have downloaded and saved today 03/10/2021 from 9:30am - now -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LisaBT Owners Choice, Mar 10, 2021.

1. The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save.

The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save.

Everything I have downloaded and saved today 03/10/2021 from 9:30am - now - 12:41pm is dated 1/16/2008 with times starting at 4:13pm.

Please advise.

:)

LisaBT Owners Choice, Mar 10, 2021
  2. brybautry Win User

windows 10 files saved to my computer. incorrect dates in the date added, date modified and date created column. wrong dates are applied to all columns.

windows 10 files saved to my computer. incorrect dates in the date added, date modified and date created column. wrong dates are applied to all columns.

brybautry, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Mar 10, 2021
  4. GKC468 Win User

Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled on it. After copying files and folders from my old laptop and working on one of the files, I found an issue with date modified information (seems to be observed by others too). The file date
    modified is updated properly but the sub-folders and higher level parent folders still show the old date without updating this information. It basically takes out the purpose of sorting using date modified at folder level if this information is incorrect.
    I have contacted Microsoft support 4 times already with steps ranging from sfcscan to reinstalling windows 10 (upgrade PC with windows 10) and nothing worked. And each time they suggest me to buy their paid support which is not what I would expect from an
    issue with a new laptop. Can anyone who had similar issue and found a solution help me with this? I never had such problems with Windows 7 but I am not liking Windows 10 so far.

Thanks,

Gopi

GKC468, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save. - Similar Threads - DATE MODIFIED incorrect

2. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  5. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  6. "Date Created" on files resets every time I save!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Date Created" on files resets every time I save!: I sort my music production files by Date created often to remember what I started and when. On my new PC I've found that "Date Created" is acting exactly like "Date Modified" when saving files. Where should I begin to look in terms of fixing this problem? Thanks! submitted...
  7. Search for documents created or modified between dates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search for documents created or modified between dates: Seems like Microsoft disabled this function... can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-documents-created-or-modified-between/e8564468-daf5-4aad-b877-9dd690fcd47f
  8. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  9. File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]

File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]: Compare dates in QA and Explorer for file "CRE v2.1.xlsm" , below. In this case, QA appears to display maybe the first time I opened & saved the file yesterday, not the time of my edit at the end of the day. (this file happens not be to kept in a OneDrive sync folder...)....
  10. Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information

Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information: Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled on it. After copying files and folders from my old laptop and working on one of the files, I found an issue with date modified information (seems to be observed by others too). The file date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files date modified is wrong