Windows 10: The day has come

Discus and support The day has come in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My QuickBooks Pro is about to sunset, and I found out that QB 2021 doesn't support win 7, so my dedicated accounting machine will have to run Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by msalton1, May 26, 2021.

1. msalton1 Win User

The day has come

My QuickBooks Pro is about to sunset, and I found out that QB 2021 doesn't support win 7, so my dedicated accounting machine will have to run Win 10. This machine is exclusively dedicated to doing the books. The only web surfing is to my bank sites for downloading transactions, etc. That being the case, I'd like to set up Win 10 to be as unobtrusive and secure as possible. I've been doing some research and find that Win Home, amongst other things, doesn't include GPEdit. I've also come to understand that eliminating Telemetry entirely on Pro or home isn't possible, but I'd like to dump as much of it as possible for security and performance purposes. So my question is, is going with Win 10 pro worth the extra money for my use? My intent in doing so would be to secure and tighten down windows as much as is possible, including Telemetry. Also, any guides to that end would be much appreciated. If I have my druthers, I would uninstall all apps, programs except those which are absolutely necessary to windows. I hope to have an install that is trouble free and secure. I'm not installing onto the existing machine, rather I'm building another machine on which I'll install 10, QB & Quicken, probably Firefox and a few utilities. Nothing else. Thanks for any help.

:)

msalton1, May 26, 2021

2. what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink The day has come ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, May 26, 2021
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, May 26, 2021
  4. The day has come

EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2 2048 MB

Well that helps, but what will EVGA actually have listed 75-90 day from your date of purchase that is a true step-up? *Big Grin The day has come :D

Casecutter, May 26, 2021
Thema:

The day has come

1. The day has come - Similar Threads - has

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  4. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Jabra 3-Jabra Link 380 0boe:24c8 headset microphone has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jabra 3-Jabra Link 380 0boe:24c8 headset microphone has stopped working: I am now using windows 11 and have downloaded the new microsoft teams but suddenly my Jabra 3-Jabra Link 380 0boe:24c8 headset microphone has stopped working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  6. Jabra 3-Jabra Link 380 0boe:24c8 headset microphone has stopped working

Jabra 3-Jabra Link 380 0boe:24c8 headset microphone has stopped working: I am now using windows 11 and have downloaded the new microsoft teams but suddenly my Jabra 3-Jabra Link 380 0boe:24c8 headset microphone has stopped working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  7. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected: I get multiple messages saying my Samsung Galaxy A12 cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected when the phone has been disconnected for days! The maximum number that have suddenly appeared is at least 30! This has occurred for approximately one year. Multiple...
  8. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected: I get multiple messages saying my Samsung Galaxy A12 cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected when the phone has been disconnected for days! The maximum number that have suddenly appeared is at least 30! This has occurred for approximately one year. Multiple...
  9. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus: There is a voice saying that call Microsoft because my ip address is exposed * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-a-security-message-claiming-to-be-microsoft/3bfd5971-3fdc-4773-ac48-c176dd4f39a1