Windows 10: The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It was such a beautiful dream. The openness of Google, matched with the control of Apple. Quality and quantity, optimised apps that anyone would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile

Read more: The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile

:)

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  2. EMaini Win User

Samsung Focus: The death of a phone and its resurrection

Just an update for those who may care:

I am working through my apps that did not auto-magically reinstall.

The following applications, not only did not install, but when I went to the marketplace on the phone, they did not even tell me they had already been installed and where installed as if for the first time. They are:

SimpiRSS

Here I am

Flickr from Yahoo

I may have others as well, just thought I would let you know for whatever reason it is not keeping track of every purchase.

It looks like if you redownload an paid application, you get an email as if you purchased it a second time but when I go to the billing website, it only shows once. Someone at MS needs to check the workflow rules someplace because it does not make sense
    from a user experience pov

Wow! This sucks!

EMaini, Aug 19, 2015
  3. EMaini Win User
    Samsung Focus: The death of a phone and its resurrection

My understanding is the next Zune Update will have something and what I believe is that you will see a Zune update first, then the first WP7 update and the Zune Update will backup your phone before it does an update (I am speculating, I do not have first hand
    knowledge). I am pretty sure it is not lost on MS, given what was in the Kin Studio. I am hoping we get more info when the MWC comes around next week.

PITA, yes -- I expected some and I also expect it to get better.

EMaini, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Shame, but I can't say I'm surprised. MS really need to get major corporations on board to develop their apps for them, if that happens then W10 mobile will be a serious competitor to the other two. I seriously hope that happens.

Boozad, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    Isn't Mobile just another word for Phone?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, "Windows 10 Mobile" is basically just a rebranding of "Windows Phone 10" to go along it's one OS for all devices theme. Mobile will cover more than just phones. *Smile

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  7. [youtube]rzXsD5629XA[/youtube]

- the Lumia really is a neat little device, though..
    - pair it with a Win10 PC and/or an Xbox to see how it flies..!! *Biggrin

BugMeister, Aug 20, 2015
  8. BillyBob Win User

Just a load of rubbish as you can tell by him saying 11.4% is slightly higher than 3%, in what Universe. Also they're not going from one OS to another, just an upgrade.

Windows Phone now takes up 10.1% of the markets in Spain, France, Germany, Italy and the UK. In the same period Android use fell by 3% in those same countries.

BillyBob, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Contra Win User
    I was toying with the idea of getting a Windows phone when they come out with 10 for it, but I don't know if it would be a downgrade from my iPhone 6 plus or a parallel move

Contra, Aug 22, 2015
  10. they really are separate camps..
    it's hard to make a straight comparison..

the iPhone6 certainly is a monster piece of kit..
    - but it's expensive..

- I can't vouch for the performance of the higher end Windows Mobile range
    but I do know that the iPhone6 knocks spots off my little Nokia, for performance.. *Rolleyes

Microsoft will be announcing their full range of mobiles sometime soon,
    so that may be a good time to start making straight comparisons..

I just like having the Microsoft Mobile/Windows/MSOffice inter-operability thing
    - just need to add an Xbox One to get the whole kit.. *Biggrin

BugMeister, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - death Phone birth

2. Birth of 11 Is Not the Death of 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Birth of 11 Is Not the Death of 10: Windows 11 comes available later this year, including on new devices & as a free upgrade to SOME Win10 devices.This Fall Windows 10 receives 21H2 and lives on to serve another day.Check HERE to see if your Win10 device will upgrade for free to Win11 later this...
  3. Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!!: Hi there The SAMSUNG S5 seems to work at USB3 speed. Note a USB 3 cable needed --- if you only use the 2nd (right hand) connector a normal USB2 cable fits which is what I use in the charger. My laptop recognizes the USB device from the BIOS so I'm going to see if I can...
  4. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  5. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  6. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  7. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online How to Erase your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your...
  9. PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Remove PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  10. Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Open Settings in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 Mobile phones are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network...