The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; It was such a beautiful dream. The openness of Google, matched with the control of Apple. Quality and quantity, optimised apps that anyone would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile

:)

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  2. EMaini Win User

Samsung Focus: The death of a phone and its resurrection

Just an update for those who may care:

I am working through my apps that did not auto-magically reinstall.

The following applications, not only did not install, but when I went to the marketplace on the phone, they did not even tell me they had already been installed and where installed as if for the first time. They are:

SimpiRSS

Here I am

Flickr from Yahoo

I may have others as well, just thought I would let you know for whatever reason it is not keeping track of every purchase.

It looks like if you redownload an paid application, you get an email as if you purchased it a second time but when I go to the billing website, it only shows once. Someone at MS needs to check the workflow rules someplace because it does not make sense
    from a user experience pov

Wow! This sucks!

EMaini, Aug 20, 2015
  3. EMaini Win User
    Samsung Focus: The death of a phone and its resurrection

My understanding is the next Zune Update will have something and what I believe is that you will see a Zune update first, then the first WP7 update and the Zune Update will backup your phone before it does an update (I am speculating, I do not have first hand
    knowledge). I am pretty sure it is not lost on MS, given what was in the Kin Studio. I am hoping we get more info when the MWC comes around next week.

PITA, yes -- I expected some and I also expect it to get better.

EMaini, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Shame, but I can't say I'm surprised. MS really need to get major corporations on board to develop their apps for them, if that happens then W10 mobile will be a serious competitor to the other two. I seriously hope that happens.

Boozad, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    Isn't Mobile just another word for Phone?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, "Windows 10 Mobile" is basically just a rebranding of "Windows Phone 10" to go along it's one OS for all devices theme. Mobile will cover more than just phones. *Smile

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  7. BugMeister Win User
    [youtube]rzXsD5629XA[/youtube]

- the Lumia really is a neat little device, though..
    - pair it with a Win10 PC and/or an Xbox to see how it flies..!! *Biggrin

BugMeister, Aug 20, 2015
  8. BillyBob Win User

Just a load of rubbish as you can tell by him saying 11.4% is slightly higher than 3%, in what Universe. Also they're not going from one OS to another, just an upgrade.

Windows Phone now takes up 10.1% of the markets in Spain, France, Germany, Italy and the UK. In the same period Android use fell by 3% in those same countries.

BillyBob, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Contra Win User
    I was toying with the idea of getting a Windows phone when they come out with 10 for it, but I don't know if it would be a downgrade from my iPhone 6 plus or a parallel move

Contra, Aug 22, 2015
  10. BugMeister Win User
    they really are separate camps..
    it's hard to make a straight comparison..

the iPhone6 certainly is a monster piece of kit..
    - but it's expensive..

- I can't vouch for the performance of the higher end Windows Mobile range
    but I do know that the iPhone6 knocks spots off my little Nokia, for performance.. *Rolleyes

Microsoft will be announcing their full range of mobiles sometime soon,
    so that may be a good time to start making straight comparisons..

I just like having the Microsoft Mobile/Windows/MSOffice inter-operability thing
    - just need to add an Xbox One to get the whole kit.. *Biggrin

BugMeister, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - death Phone birth

1. I have the black screen of death and its not fixing.

in Windows 10 News
    I have the black screen of death and its not fixing.: Hi, i have had problems with my pc concerning a blank screen with a cursor (B.S.O.D). I have tried to follow youtube tutorials but none of them have worked. The P.C is a couple years old but still works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks *Smile*Wink 112529
  2. 2018 Creator's Update-Insurmountable Black Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 News
    2018 Creator's Update-Insurmountable Black Screen Of Death: I bought a new Dell XPS 15 9560 last year but just took it out of the box two days ago to use. It came with Windows 10 Pro x64 and a Buffalo Blu-ray Burner since the laptop has no internal optical drive. I was assured by Dell that this Buffalo Blu-ray burner would also play...
  3. Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

in Windows 10 News
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games: This is an issue I have been having for some time now. It only occurs when playing games and can happen at any time. I have gotten a few different stop codes, but it is usually Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. I have gone through countless forums and tried many fixes, but to no...
  4. Installing Updates Led to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death?

in Windows 10 News
    Installing Updates Led to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death?: Hello, I was putting my laptop into sleep mode and the I noticed the power-light wouldn't turn off. I tried everything to get it into sleep mode, unfortunately I had to resort to a hard power off. The next day, I booted up my laptop and it said, "Windows is working on...
  5. Windows 10 - HP Envy - Daily Blue Screen of Deaths

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 - HP Envy - Daily Blue Screen of Deaths: Hi I have a practically brand new HP Envy 360 which is crashing on a daily basis. I have followed a number of suggestions, these included running Memtest which came back clean. I have also run HP Diagnostics and that also cam back clean. I also ran the Windows...
  6. Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar: Final straw, just booted up and logged in and it's DOA immediately, didn't work once. I have followed advice already on here and other places, and none of it works. I'm thinking 3rd party app, anyone know one that works 100%? It's my final Windows 10 Pro issue after...
  7. Need Help About Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    Need Help About Black Screen of Death: Hi All respected Members I have HP Elitebook 8460P Laptop, Core i5 Second Generation processor 2520M I am Running Windows 10 on this machine, But Recently I faced the problem about 4 or 5 times, The problem is that I am working normally on my laptop, while during work,...
The death of Windows Phone and the birth of Windows 10 Mobile solved