Windows 10: The default boot device is missing on my lenovo

Discus and support The default boot device is missing on my lenovo in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; http://imgur.com/a/iqzjUzz I get this message Everytime I turn it on. I disconnected my laptop to go study at my friend's house. Nothing is working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scope_02, May 11, 2020.

1. The default boot device is missing on my lenovo

/u/Scope_02, May 11, 2020

2. Default boot device is missing or boot failed

Good evening,

I have a trouble with my other cumputer. Indeed, yesterday, it suddenly crashed and restart. It tried to do an update. After my pc power off, I, obviously, restart it.

However, I had directly this message (just after logo of ACER) : "Default boot device is missing or boot failed" like my Windows 10 was not installed or corrupted.

So, at the moment, I tried to follow this solution : "Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed" error message on booting the PC for the first time on Windows 10.

However, after downloadind and running MediaCreationTool on my USB key, when I try to boot on my key on my unfunctionnal pc, it does not work. I still have this message.

I want to precise that I put my USB in first place of my list of boots (in BIOS menu).

Any helps would be really appreciated.

Thanks you in advance.

Best regards,

Aurélien

EDIT: I precise also that I put "Boot mode" on "UEFI". I could fix it on "Legacy" but I guess it won't be usefull in my situation.

Aurelien_Dem, May 11, 2020
  3. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.

I’m using a Acer Aspire v5-573PG Windows 10 version and whenever I turn on the laptop it shows

“Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.

Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key

Then Select ‘Boot Manager’ to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media”.

My laptop’s screen is all cracked up and the screen is opened up. Maybe that’s the problem..?

Dhamma Nhan, May 11, 2020
  4. The default boot device is missing on my lenovo

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

Hi Hanif,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model number of your computer?

Try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Change The Boot Priority.

Before performing the below steps, disconnect all the external devices from the computer except Mouse and Keyboard.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Step 1: Restart your computer and look for the message to enter the
    BIOS menu using a particular BIOS key (Please refer your computer manufactures manual for the BIOS key).

Step 2: After pressing the correct keyboard key, you will be able to see the
    BIOS Setup Utility, so look for Boot Options,
    Boot
    , Boot Order tab, etc. (Since every BIOS setup utility is different, the specifics on where the boot order options are located varies from computer to computer. The boot order option may even be located within a general menu option
    like Advanced Options, Advanced BIOS Features, or Other Options.).

Step 3: Navigate to the Boot Order tab in
    BIOS
    and move your Hard Drive (HDD) as the first
    Boot Priority
    . (The order in which the devices are listed is the order in which your computer will look for operating system information).

Step 4: To save your changes, follow the instructions in your BIOS utility to navigate to the
    Exit or Save and Exit menu and choose
    Yes when prompted to save your BIOS configuration changes and check for the issue.

If the Method 1 doesn't work, then follow the Method 2.

Method 2: Setting the Primary Partition As Active.

You may also see this error if the Primary Partition is no longer set as 'Active', so follow the below steps and set the Primary Partition (where Windows is installed) as active.

Step 1: Insert the Windows 10 Installation Media into the computer and boot from the Installation Media.

Step 2: Choose your language, time, currency, keyboard language and click Next and click
    Repair your computer.

Step 3: Select the operating system you want to repair and click
    Next.

Step 4: Click Command Prompt in the Systems Recovery Options dialog box and type the following commands and hit
    Enter after each command in the Command Prompt Window.

• diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk 0 (where 0 is the disk's number where the Windows Operating System is installed on)
    • list partition
    • select partition 1 (where 1 is the Primary Partition, where Windows Operating System is installed on)
    • active

Step 4: Once you have successfully executed all the above commands, then type
    exit in the Command Prompt to exit from the Command Prompt.

Step 5: Remove the Installation Media from the computer,
    restart the computer once, and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 11, 2020
Thema:

The default boot device is missing on my lenovo

1. The default boot device is missing on my lenovo - Similar Threads - default boot device

2. Default Boot Device Missing fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Boot Device Missing fix?: I just bought Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7. After turning on for the first time, an error "Network media not available, retry media connection in 1 sec" appears, followed by a popup titled "Setup confirmation" and text below "Default boot device missing or loading failed”....
  3. Default Boot Device Missing fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Boot Device Missing fix?: I just bought Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7. After turning on for the first time, an error "Network media not available, retry media connection in 1 sec" appears, followed by a popup titled "Setup confirmation" and text below "Default boot device missing or loading failed”....
  4. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on OK, then I was given 1 hard drive option. I clicked on it, but nothing happens. How to solve it?...
  5. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on OK, then I was given 1 hard drive option. I clicked on it, but nothing happens. How to solve it?...
  6. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. "Default boot device missing..." on Lenovo yoga 910 but with a twist.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Default boot device missing..." on Lenovo yoga 910 but with a twist.: Hey guys, I have had a lenovo yoga 910 for the better part of 2 years now, and, beginning last month, I have had the laptop give me two problems, the first one is when I am turning it on I sometimes half of the time, normally this is fixed after I tap the back of the laptop...
  8. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed: Hi there, I'm having this issue multiple times and restarting my pc has always solved this issue but I currently can't restart my pc because I'm still working on my unsaved school project, is there any way to solve this issue without restarting my pc? [IMG]...
  9. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed message on Lenovo Yoga 920! Please help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed message on Lenovo Yoga 920! Please help!!: Hey Microsoft community, My Lenovo Yoga 920 suddenly stopped working yesterday and shows a “cannot boot” message which I have attached an image of. After pressing the power button for 10 seconds, my laptop started working again but was superrrr slow and lagging. After about...
  10. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed: So after successfully re-installed Windows because previously my laptop was seriously corrupted, everything worked fine, and then today when i powered on my laptop again, it failed to boot. After it finally booted, something weird happened; Sound setting was unavailable, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenove legacy bios inaccessiable boot device