Windows 10: The default gateway is not available - how to fix

Discus and support The default gateway is not available - how to fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Last night I upgraded to windows 10, and it's causing issues, rather than make life easier unfortunately. Basically, I turn my PC on and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adamhackers, Mar 26, 2020.

1. The default gateway is not available - how to fix

Hello

Last night I upgraded to windows 10, and it's causing issues, rather than make life easier unfortunately.

Basically, I turn my PC on and I have internet and can browse for a while, then it'll stop working after about 2 minutes it says no internet, secured at this point. Other computers work in the house on the same wifi no problem.

I have tried troubleshooting and this will fix it - for about 2 minutes my internet will work again and then I'll have the same problem once more. The message I get when I troubleshoot is 'the default gateway is not available'.

I'm wondering how to stop this from happening permanently.

I've tried updating & reinstalling drivers for network adapter

changed power management settings

nutshell reset command

don't have mcafee

changed wireless mode

and various other things.

One thing I thought could have something to do is the fact that I've set it so things download automatically to E drive more space rather than C, using registry editor. I did this when using windows 8.1 also and had no problems, but it's probably a bit unusual so felt i should mention!

Any ideas how to solve this would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

:)

adamhackers, Mar 26, 2020

2. "The default gateway is not available"

I had this exact same issue with a Dell laptop which has an Intel wireless adapter.

What fixed it for me was changing the Power Saving options for my wireless adapter to Maximum Performance. You can follow the steps in this article: Fix Wireless Limited Access Default Gateway Not Available Windows 10 - TeckLyfe

mindfrost82, Mar 26, 2020
  3. mindfrost82, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Rata2E Win User

The default gateway is not available - how to fix

Default Gateway not available

The "default gateway not available error" occurs frequently when connected to my ISP's modem. This causes the internet connection to drop frequently and I have to run the troubleshooter to restore connection. I have gone through
    all of the steps in the article

Fix network connection issues in Windows

The problem persists.

Rata2E, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

The default gateway is not available - how to fix

1. The default gateway is not available - how to fix - Similar Threads - default gateway available

2. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  3. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The default gateway is not available.: Hello, I keep disconnecting to the internet and when I do the troubleshoot it says “The default gateway is not available —— fixed” It would fix the internet for a second then it would disconnect again. I run the troubleshoot and it’s the same thing over and over again....
  4. The Default Gateway is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is Not Available: This has been happening since updates. I have tried all solutions and nothing is working. Everytime I put the computer to sleep or start up, it's not connected to the internet. I do a troubleshoot and it ALWAYS comes up the same. "Reset the Wi-fi Adapter," The Default Gateway...
  5. Are there a reliable fix for "The default gateway is not available"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there a reliable fix for "The default gateway is not available": [ATTACH] Hi. So it seems I've got the "famous" "The default gateway is not available" troubleshooter error when PC internet drops randomly. I've googled and read reddit 10+ posts with same problem as mine but it seems nothing has fixed my issue or I missed something....
  6. Default Gateway not available

Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. "The default gateway is not available"

"The default gateway is not available": Hello all, I recently got a new laptop and I've been having trouble with connecting to the internet. Several times a day, internet pages will stop loading and Windows diagnostics will come up with the message "The default gateway is not available". This is fixed by...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...