Windows 10: "The default gateway is not available"

Discus and support "The default gateway is not available" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently got a new laptop and I've been having trouble with connecting to the internet. Several times a day, internet pages will stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ad157t, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ad157t Win User

"The default gateway is not available"

Hello all,

I recently got a new laptop and I've been having trouble with connecting to the internet. Several times a day, internet pages will stop loading and Windows diagnostics will come up with the message "The default gateway is not available". This is fixed by resetting the Wifi adapter. I've contacted my ISP and they say that there's nothing wrong with my connection so I'm guessing it's either something wrong with my laptop or the router. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

:)

ad157t, Aug 21, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Aug 21, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums ad157t. Next time it does that, instead of resetting the adapter just run a command prompt and ping your gateway. Then ping 8.8.8.8 Sounds strange but sometimes it has a wakeup effect.

5. ad157t Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion. The connection started playing up again and I followed your instructions. This is what happened:

"The default gateway is not available" [​IMG]

Looks like a problem with the connection between the computer and the router?

ad157t, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Yes, try resetting the router

7. todfloyd Win User
    I had the same problem, the only solution that worked for me was to disable auto login.

todfloyd, Oct 4, 2015
  8. kolmewila Win User

how did you do this? This is exasperating *Sad tried uninstalling the device, setting my own ipv4 and all but still can't connect my laptop.

kolmewila, Jan 2, 2016
  9. I'm in the same boat. I've done just about everything I can find on the internet to try to fix my PC. When I ping 8.8.8.8 the destination host in unreachable. I've reset my modem/router a million times. I've gotten my PC to come back to life twice, to only loose connection within 10 minutes... I'm at my wits end!!!

MreynoldsRn, Jan 3, 2016
  10. Glanadda Win User
    The thing that seems to be currently working for me is to download and install an updated wireless driver from the Intel website. There is no point in trying to update the driver from the adapter settings within Windows - it simply says you have the most up to date driver. You don't! My wireless connection has now been stable for about 20 minutes, which is 18 minutes longer than it was before. I don't guarantee that this will last as I have already had to repair the driver installation, by re-installing it. But touch wood it seems now to be working.

My wireless is Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 on a Dell Latitude E7240.
    I got the drivers from Drivers Software
    Wireless_18.21.0_e164.exe and / or Wireless_18.21.0_De164.exe (not sure what the difference is - I installed the e164 version.

Good luck. I like Windows 10, but this is reminding me of the worst days of Windows XP

Glanadda, Jan 3, 2016
  11. Omg, I have the same problem.... i also tried all solutions i found in internet. but failed...
    But there is no problem with the connection of my office. but have problem with the connection in my home, friend's home or anywhere...
    looking for the support...

dreamplexx, Jun 7, 2016
  12. mindfrost82, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "The default gateway is not available" - Similar Threads - default gateway available

2. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  3. "Default gateway is not available"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Default gateway is not available": Hey everyone, I've been having internet issues over the past couple weeks, usually 2-3 times a day, my laptop will randomly DC from my wireless router, no other devices DC, I've checked, and the only fix is either clicking troubleshoot, which then causes my wi-fi adaptor to...
  4. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The default gateway is not available.: Hello, I keep disconnecting to the internet and when I do the troubleshoot it says “The default gateway is not available —— fixed” It would fix the internet for a second then it would disconnect again. I run the troubleshoot and it’s the same thing over and over again....
  5. The Default Gateway is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is Not Available: This has been happening since updates. I have tried all solutions and nothing is working. Everytime I put the computer to sleep or start up, it's not connected to the internet. I do a troubleshoot and it ALWAYS comes up the same. "Reset the Wi-fi Adapter," The Default Gateway...
  6. Default Gateway not available

Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I am staying with family for the time being and have run into issues with my internet connection. While I remain connected to the wireless network continuously, my internet connection cuts out periodically. When this happens, I run the windows troubleshooter, which gives the...
  8. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...