Windows 10: The default installation drive?

Discus and support The default installation drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I change the default installation drive when installing a program?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MerlinXC, Dec 19, 2018.

1. MerlinXC Win User

The default installation drive?

How do I change the default installation drive when installing a program?

:)

MerlinXC, Dec 19, 2018
  2. little cat, Dec 19, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done The default installation drive? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 19, 2018
  4. The default installation drive?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

The default installation drive?

1. The default installation drive? - Similar Threads - default installation drive

2. Is changing the Default Installation Drive a bad practice?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is changing the Default Installation Drive a bad practice?: I did it via regedit with these instructions. But now some of my apps' shortcuts in the Start up menu are no longer working. It's no big deal, I just removed them from the Start up menu, found their respective executable files, and put them in the taskbar instead. It's not...
  3. Cannot Change Default App Install Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Change Default App Install Drive: I had some Microsoft Store/Xbox games installed onto my D: drive, however I ended up having to reinstall Windows on my C: drive. Now the games do not show up under the MS Store or the Xbox App. Using WinDirStat I was able to see however that they were still installed and...
  4. Setting a default drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting a default drive: I purchased a Crucial P1 1tb nvme m.2 ssd for my Windows 10 /64 system and it seems to work just fine except for one odd situation. The drive is recognized in the BIOS, in Windows Disk Management, and in the File Explorer, and reads and writes ok. However, if I go to Windows...
  5. FS2020 default drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2020 default drive: Trying to install FS2020 but default download drive is C and I need it to be D - how do I do this as I have tried just typing over it without any luck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-default-drive/94534f17-937a-4550-ac94-25477b577b53
  6. Help: Issue Trying To Change Default Installation Drive

Help: Issue Trying To Change Default Installation Drive: I recently upgraded my PC, adding a new motherboard and CPU. I had to reinstall Windows but chose to keep my files since I had A LOT of personal files music, movies, pictures that I didn't want to lose. Right now I'm trying to install games on the Xbox App but I'm having a...
  7. hard drive default drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive default drive?: how do i make it so that everything install into my hard drive instead of my C: drive. when I install things, it auto sets to the C: drive, but i want it to be automatically set on my hard drive instead of doing it manually. submitted by /u/lesionfn [link] [comments]...
  8. Changing default installation drives, error 0x80070005

Changing default installation drives, error 0x80070005: Hello! So I am trying to change the default installation drive C: to D:, but it always gives me an error 0x8007005 and I do not know what to do. It does not change only on the "New apps will be installed here..", but the rest works and changes. Same with apps, if I try to...
  9. Adobe software installing another drive without default drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adobe software installing another drive without default drive: Hello, I want to install Adobe software like Photoshop,Illustrator etc but when I go to install then those software automitically install in C drive. I have 237 GB of SSD card which I don't like install those software.Now I am waht to do?[ATTACH]...
  10. USB drive default

USB drive default: I bought a EATOP 128 GB usb drive and it was formatted, now it only will handle 32 GB. Is there a way to get it back to the 128 GB or do I just chunk it and get a new one?...