Windows 10: The Defender Icon on the Tasktray and not the Taskbar

Discus and support The Defender Icon on the Tasktray and not the Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At a point where I've read so many answers I'm not sure if it's the Task Tray, System Tray or the Notification Tray, but it's where those teensy icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackdashack, May 18, 2021.

1. The Defender Icon on the Tasktray and not the Taskbar

At a point where I've read so many answers I'm not sure if it's the Task Tray, System Tray or the Notification Tray, but it's where those teensy icons are that are all bunched together. How's that for geek speak? I want the Defender Icon there. You know I always go to search for questions answered before coming here. To save on the crush of questions if I could on the moderators and answer agents. It's a shame that so many answers on such as Google are old. They answer your query for links but with dates like 2018, even 2015. So many changes since those times cause personal time

:)

jackdashack, May 18, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 18, 2021
  3. Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 18, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

The Defender Icon on the Tasktray and not the Taskbar

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 18, 2021
Thema:

The Defender Icon on the Tasktray and not the Taskbar

1. The Defender Icon on the Tasktray and not the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Defender Icon Tasktray

2. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  3. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  4. Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.: I installed the update KB5010342 yesterday on my windows 10, 21H2. After that, defender icon notification is removed from the startup apps and as well as from the taskbar. Please help!!...
  5. Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.: I installed the update KB5010342 yesterday on my windows 10, 21H2. After that, defender icon notification is removed from the startup apps and as well as from the taskbar. Please help!!...
  6. Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar: Just fixed a few problems with malware and Windows Defender being disabled. Real time protection is on and everything seems to be working perfectly fine now, but the Windows Defender icon isn't showing in the ^ menu of the taskbar. Is this a problem? I can't remember if it...
  8. Defender not in Taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender not in Taskbar: Split from this thread. I have a series problem, not only I don't see the defender at my taskbar but the whole application is almost blank when I open it! I cant sca nor do anything and my computer acts wired lately, I really need help/...
  9. Windows Defender icon missing from taskbar

Windows Defender icon missing from taskbar: How do I get the defender icon to show up on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-icon-missing-from-taskbar/13660ba7-fc8c-4701-96ac-564f9362175b"
  10. Windows Defender Taskbar Icon

Windows Defender Taskbar Icon: O.k.....I have now updated four W10 laptops to the latest version (1703)......the 1st three are fine, but the fourth one has a minor problem......the Windows Defender icon on the taskbar is not showing the green "everything o.k. tick".....there is nothing else showing, no...