Windows 10: The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10

Discus and support The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Team, The Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse that I purchased last week is constantly having issues with the operations. It connects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sachin Chitnis, Oct 18, 2020.

1. The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10

Hello Team,

The Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse that I purchased last week is constantly having issues with the operations. It connects to my laptop, laptop is able to find it and connect to it through Bluetooth but the keyboard just stops functioning at all. Same is happening with the mouse. I see that there are other people that have had similar issues and have tried to help each other. I have tried out their suggestions but to no use. Such a nice keyboard and mouse but is not working as is expected. I approached the local customer care for a technical suggestions abut the drivers and was told that the drivers will be downloaded automatically. Was asked to run the troubleshooter and see if it gets rectified. It did not help me. Please suggest how do I sort this out.

Sachin

:)

Sachin Chitnis, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Patson Go Win User

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

I had the same problem with not being able to connect both the keyboard and desktop. Firstly, your computer must be Bluetooth 4.0 compatable in order to get the Designer Desktop up and running on Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update, build 1709). If it isn't,
    you need to buy a Bluetooth 4.0 emulator dongle. I bought a Trust USB Universal Bluetooth Adaptor dongle, compatable with Bluetooth 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 and plugged it in to one of my desktops USB ports. The Trust dongle now allows Bluetooth 4.0 connections
    to be made with my PC.

To get the Designer mouse and keyboard up and running, you first need to make them 'discoverable' for the PC. Here is how I did that:

After installing the dongle, I unplugged all other wireless keyboards and mice, then I plugged in ordinary PS2 wired keyboard and mouse. After restarting the PC, in Windows 10 I went to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > + Add device. Don't
    click on Add Device at this point, follow the next instructions first. First, you need to make both the Designer Keyboard and Mouse 'discoverable for pairing'. For the mouse, you do this by holding the small button on the underside of the mouse down for
    approx. 5 seconds, until the mouse starts to flash its white 'detectable' light on the top of the mouse. For the keyboard, there is a small 'detection/ pairing' button situated underneath the keyboard on the left hand side, the opposite side to where you
    put the batteries in. It's on the end of the block where the batteries are inserted and at the opposite end to where you actually put the batteries in. Again, you hold this tiny button in for 5 seconds. Once detection/ pairing mode is activated, one of
    the keyboard buttons will start to flash white.

When the white lights are flashing on the keyboard and mouse the devices are detectable for the PC. Now, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices and click on + Add device. Both your mouse and keyboard should now be listed as available to
    pair. To pair the keyboard, use the Designer keyboard to enter the numeric key and press enter. The Designer mouse does not require any numerical key to be entered to pair it with the computer, just click on 'connect'.

You should then get dialogue boxes that pop up informing you that the PC has connected both the mouse and the keyboard.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Richard Law Bijster, Oct 18, 2020
  4. The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop (Keyboard) Issues

Hi,

I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop. I managed to setup and pair the keyboard and mouse with my bluetooth dongle in Windows 10 without issues. Worked a while with the keyboard and mouse, tested all the keys and everything worked as normal.

After a Windows restart the keyboard shortcuts stopped working and every time i press a shortcut key (ex.: Volume), the keyboard crashes and only starts working after i press a key 15 times. This issues happens every single time i press a shortcut key.

I uninstalled the keyboard and paired it again to my machine and it starts working again as it should. But every time i restart my machine or don't use the keyboard and mouse for a period of time it stops working again.

My Windows is updated and my system has all its drivers updated (Asus BT400 bluetooth adapter and Designer Desktop keyboard and mouse).

I found identical issues on this forum, and tried all there solutions without any good result:

At the moment i'm writing this question using the Designer Desktop keyboard with the Fn key enabled so that i don't accidentally trigger the shortcuts and freeze the keyboard.

What i would like to know is, whether or not Microsoft acknowledged this issue and is it or not working on a solution.

Looking forward for a response.

Ricky.Lopes, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10

1. The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10 - Similar Threads - designer bluetooth desktop

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse not staying connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse not staying connected.: Hi there, I have a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse I can see that they are paired with the computer but they are not staying connected. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse not staying connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse not staying connected.: Hi there, I have a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse I can see that they are paired with the computer but they are not staying connected. Can someone please help me?...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  5. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  6. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center support for Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard...

Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center support for Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard...: Dear Team, when will Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center be updated to include support for Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard & Mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center-support-for/dd030d3b-b15e-49bc-8e5b-27492d5d2100
  8. Mouse and Keyboard Center... will it ever support the Designer Desktop Bluetooth keyboard?

Mouse and Keyboard Center... will it ever support the Designer Desktop Bluetooth keyboard?: It seems to be the only expensive keyboard from Microsoft not supported by that app. Is that being worked on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-center-will-it-ever-support-the/8b1f59a9-6fd7-4b60-a576-3e1be2d2e673
  9. Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard

Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased the set. Now, it works perfectly and still on 100% both of them, but my problem is this: Sometimes when I go Idle and come back, the keyboard or mouse won't wake up... Sometimes 1 of them and sometimes both. And there are some rare times...
  10. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop is not located by Mouse and Keyboard Center

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop is not located by Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hello! I just bought the Bluetooth Designer Desktop, and now I'm trying to connect it to Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center for some managing and maybe hotkey changing. But the M&K Center can't locate it. How can I do it?...