Windows 10: The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10

Discus and support The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP laptop has Windows 10 installed, included with the purchase. I think it's a restored model and whoever restored the system didn't know exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeslieBlossom, Nov 24, 2019.

1. The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10

My HP laptop has Windows 10 installed, included with the purchase. I think it's a restored model and whoever restored the system didn't know exactly what they were doing. From the first day it has been very slow: the cursor will literally skip words as I write the programs that are running will suddenly disappear. I cannot use the recovery option, none of the options available. The recovery process could never be completed each time the same error message is received.

The start-up takes forever, it basically sucks and I don't know what to do.

I just need help: no matter what I try to work, the level of frustration increases immediately, in 2 minutes I am waiting and I am not sure if the system will work for me.

Please help

Thank you very much

:)

LeslieBlossom, Nov 24, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Nov 24, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10

1. The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - desktop crashed updating

2. Desktop crashes after sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop crashes after sign in: After the lastest windows update my screen crashes after sign in. I have tried sfc scans, powershell, but nothing works. How do I roll back the update without my screen working? I can only use the mouse and open task manager and such....
  3. Desktop crashes after sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop crashes after sign in: After the lastest windows update my screen crashes after sign in. I have tried sfc scans, powershell, but nothing works. How do I roll back the update without my screen working? I can only use the mouse and open task manager and such....
  4. Windows 10 crashing after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing after bios update: Hi. Long question. Please be patient.I've been performing maintenance on my pc lately. I hadn't update the motherboard bios since 2019 and decided to do so yesterday. I will be very descriptive of all the stuff that happened since, as I don't know if something may or may not...
  5. Windows 10 crashing after update

Windows 10 crashing after update: After updating Windows 10 the PC is crashing completely. How can I fix this without losing programs and files? Remembering that, for updating, the computer spent hours installing. It is a Dell Inspiron 15 5566....
  6. Dell XPS 8700 desktop - Continued Crashing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8700 desktop - Continued Crashing after Windows 10 update: Today for the 2nd time in less than 10 days upon doing a soft restart the video would not come back on. It appears that it boots up without video and goes into sleep mode. Attempt to wake system up - the computer does, however, no video. The 1st time it happened my husband...
  7. Desktop not open after updation windows 10

Desktop not open after updation windows 10: After updating windows 10 my desktop not start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-open-after-updation-windows-10/a281fde4-d266-408c-a460-5d1ce8c2b07d
  8. Windows 10 crashes after recent updates

Windows 10 crashes after recent updates: Hello, My PC started to have some problems after recent updates, it crashes every 5-10 minutes with different stop codes: Page fault, watch dog violation, kmode exception not handled and so on. System is AMD Ryzen5 2600X, AS rock master sli X470, RTX2070. Can't figure out...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop not available after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Desktop not available after update: Hi. A couple days ago my computer updated (windows). It updated but when I after the update logged in to my computer, my desktop was completely dark with only the bin showing. I could not click anywhere and it said "Error: Desktop not available..." I tried creating a map...
  10. Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10: Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I could not find a similar thread. I received the notice that the windows 10 update was available for a windows 7 laptop we have. The install appeared to go fine, it did not give me any error messages on this. However now that...