Windows 10: The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu?

Discus and support The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a solid black screen now when I click on the start button were I used to see the Desk Top photo behind the start menu? HELP!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wayne atec, Apr 9, 2020.

1. The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu?

I have a solid black screen now when I click on the start button were I used to see the Desk Top photo behind the start menu? HELP!

:)

Wayne atec, Apr 9, 2020

2. photos on desktop start screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you viewing photos in Photo app or Photo app tile on start screen?
    • Have you syncing the iPhone photos with OneDrive?

If you have sync the iPhone photos with the OneDrive, then this may be the cause for the photos on Photos app. As the photos in Photos app are also integrated with connected OneDrive account. To search the path for the source in Photos app, kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Open Photo app from the Start menu.
    • Click on the Setting (gear) button in lower left corner.
    • Find the source path under Source section in right pane.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 9, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 9, 2020
  4. The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu?

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu?

1. The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Desktop Photo Behind

2. Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window: Hi, I have a curious question and I can't seem to find any information about it online. I've run into a strange albeit minor issue with my Power Menu. It seems to be hidden behind the Start window display.In the screenshow below, I have opened the Start Menu and clicked on...
  3. Using Start Menu as a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Start Menu as a desktop?: Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible, within Windows 10 or using a third party program, to make the Start menu full-screen and to have it permanently replace the desktop as the thing that shows when you minimise all windows/hit the Start button/hit the Desktop button?...
  4. Seems like the picture-of-the-day started appearing behind my start menu . . .

Seems like the picture-of-the-day started appearing behind my start menu . . .: I like having the Picture-of-the-Day appear on my desktop, but NOT AS A BACKGROUND on my Start Menu. It seems to me, that after recent updates, the ability to separately select background has been lost. Or has it? It's not nice for Microsoft to fiddle with my settings....
  5. A black screen behind the start menu.

A black screen behind the start menu.: As of 4-7-20. every time I click on the start icon I lose my desktop picture and get a black screen behind the start menu? When I click back out again my desktop photo returns. Any suggestions?...
  6. start menu pinned to desktop

start menu pinned to desktop: my start menu is always on top of the desktop making me unable to access the desktop directly, how can i resolve that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-to-desktop/1d188809-d239-418c-942b-d5e4455693a5
  7. Disable 'Blur Behind' Menu

Disable 'Blur Behind' Menu: This simple Registry Tweak will disable the 'blur' effect behind the transparent Menu and Taskbar in Build 10074 and later. (Perform this tweak only if you are familiar and comfortable with making changes to the Windows Registry) Navigate to...
  8. Desktop replaced by start menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop replaced by start menu: Hi, recently my computer has been acting up. I believe I hit a shortcut on my keyboard by accident, because now my taskbar is black, and trying to access my desktop will redirect me to the start screen. Pressing the Windows key yields the same effect, bringing to the...
  9. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338
  10. Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar: Hi. Today, out of the blue, my start menu has started to hide behind the taskbar. It's rather annoying, as the area you type in is obscured by the taskbar now so I cannot see what is being typed: [img] I rebooted, no dice. Unlocked/relocked the taskbar, no dice. Moved...