Windows 10: the desktop sound icon does not work

Discus and support the desktop sound icon does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the icon for sound on my task bar does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolMooreWY, Feb 7, 2020.

1. the desktop sound icon does not work

the icon for sound on my task bar does not work

:)

CarolMooreWY, Feb 7, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 7, 2020
  4. the desktop sound icon does not work

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

the desktop sound icon does not work

1. the desktop sound icon does not work - Similar Threads - desktop sound icon

2. Sound ICON in NOT Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound ICON in NOT Working: Okay, let me start by saying yes, I have read a few other topics but I also don't want to spend hours searching for things to find out Windows' hasn't actually resolved the issue or not.The little speaker icon on the task bar in the bottom right of my screen, next to calendar...
  3. Sound ICON in NOT Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound ICON in NOT Working: Okay, let me start by saying yes, I have read a few other topics but I also don't want to spend hours searching for things to find out Windows' hasn't actually resolved the issue or not.The little speaker icon on the task bar in the bottom right of my screen, next to calendar...
  4. the sound does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the sound does not work: the sound does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sound-does-not-work/2f9824b4-51bc-4f9a-8037-ebcedfaf4603
  5. Sound does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound does not work: I have a problem with my sound, it shows a red x after I updated Windows. It says No audio output installed and I tried to install it, but it says A device connected to the system is not working. She says the speaker setup is unknown. I just plug my headphones in there and...
  6. Sound does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound does not work: I have a problem with my sound, it shows a red x after I updated Windows. It says No audio output installed and I tried to install it, but it says A device connected to the system is not working. She says the speaker setup is unknown. I just plug my headphones in there and...
  7. Sound does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Sound does not work

Sound does not work: My laptop cannot play audio anymore It says it can't detect the audio device. 1. I already used Device Manager to uninstall or update the drivers 2. I already restarted my computer multiple times 3. I already used the Windows Troubleshooting thing, and it says: Issues...
  9. "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore: In Settings > Themes I used to be able to click "Desktop icon settings". But no more. Now I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I first discovered this on my laptop, which was...
  10. Sound Icon not working

Sound Icon not working: Sorry if this has been on before, I am new here. My sound icon is showing but it is not working. The sound is high and I cannot turn it down I am on a Sony laptop windows 10. Was OK before I downloaded Skype yesterday. Thanks. 95505