Windows 10: The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray

Discus and support The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm struggling how to even describe this: I added the default Desktop toolbar to the toolbar by: [ATTACH] I don't use desktop Icons on purpose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Narlo56, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Narlo56 Win User

The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray

I'm struggling how to even describe this:

I added the default Desktop toolbar to the toolbar by:

The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray 94f1a06c-b190-4164-9d69-6d4196ce0514?upload=true.png

I don't use desktop Icons on purpose and this suits my use case perfectly, except for one thing .. I want to add and remove some of the items but, unlike a user-created toolbar, I cannot find the reference folder or *.dat file that identifies the contents of the Desktop Toolbar in the System Tray.

The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray c9a05ec8-eb21-4805-869d-877de700c4cc?upload=true.png

Your assistance is most welcome!

:)

Narlo56, Jul 14, 2019

2. Moving toolbars to next to System Tray with Windows 10

I have two custom toolbars on the Taskbar. With Windows 8.1, they are located in the right corner area just to left of the System Tray icons "up arrow". When I upgraded to Windows 10, there is about a 2 inch space between the toolbars and the System Tray
    icons "up arrow". How can I move the toolbars right next to the System Tray icons "up arrow" and not waste that space on the Taskbar?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

BarryKoopersmith, Jul 14, 2019
  3. skytrails Win User
    desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Jul 14, 2019
  4. The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray

Moving toolbars to next to System Tray with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me help you in resolving the issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that works.

These steps are used to Customize System Tray.

1. Click on the small upward directed arrow from the taskbar to demonstrate all the icons in the
    System Tray.

2. Drag the icons from
    System tray
    and drop it to the taskbar.

3. Now, to further modify it make your existence on the
    System classification of the Settings app window.

4. Choose the second entry,Notifications & actions from the choices exhibited in the left facet of the window.

5. On the right, click
    Select which icons appear on the taskbar

6. Now you have the chance to display all the icons listed on the taskbar or you can individually pick up your favorites. Check the slider against Always show all icons and notifications
    on the taskbar
    to display total icons and notifications. In this condition, System Tray looks wider and awkward. So choose whatever suits you.

7. Get back to the previous window and administer a click on
    Turn system icons on or off.

8. Use the individual sliders if you want to hide the Clock, Volume, Network icons and many other as shown below under Turn system icons on or off.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray

1. The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray - Similar Threads - Desktop>> toolbar System

2. Win10 Desktop Toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Desktop Toolbar: From Win7 to Win10, I've always used the desktop toolbar and it's always located immediately before the notification area. Since installing the latest updates a few days ago the toolbar has shifted to almost the center of the taskbar and all my amateur efforts to relocate it...
  3. dead-space between tray icons and toolbars

dead-space between tray icons and toolbars: i just noticed on all 3 of my workstations that there is a new section of "dead space" between my toolbars and tray icons.moving/reordering the tray icons doesn nothing...they just re-sort and stay to the right end.and the toolbars are immovable. i can turn on 1 or 2 or 3 or...
  4. System tray icon for desktop

System tray icon for desktop: In Windows 7 system tray, an icon showed for the desk top. This is not so in Windows 10. If I am on a web site, how can I quickly return to the desk top without closing the web site. I do this now and then login to the web site again....
  5. Win10 System Tray

Win10 System Tray: The system tray disappeared from the taskbar. I didn't change any settings. rebooting doessn't fix. savvy/experienced user. all taskbar properties look correct. any hints? what am i missing?...
  6. system tray missing

system tray missing: System Tray is missing on taskbar. Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly. only this visible is clock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-missing/859a2afa-d26f-467c-877b-9857874489f4
  7. System tray

System tray: So not sure if it's widely known here, but I found out you can drag the system tray icons about to change the order. 140017
  8. Desktop and toolbar

Desktop and toolbar: I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-toolbar/e798ad8e-db6f-458b-b49a-bc8335c43588
  9. system tray

system tray: the date and time have disappeared. I've tried everything but nothing works. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray/c2528115-5a76-4248-96e4-59575a562265
  10. Desktop Agent Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Agent Tray: I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so @Brink (Shawn), you can move it if its in the wrong place. But, each time I turn my Toshiba Laptop on, it says something like "Desktop Agent Tray has stopped working or is not responding. Windows is checking for a...