Windows 10: "The device is not ready" Error Help!

Discus and support "The device is not ready" Error Help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I'm running windows 10 and I've been trying to replace a corrupted .dll file by copying it from my laptop and sharing it to one of my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by duckduck1, Jul 30, 2019.

1. duckduck1 Win User

"The device is not ready" Error Help!

Hello I'm running windows 10 and I've been trying to replace a corrupted .dll file by copying it from my laptop and sharing it to one of my other accounts through Google Drive on my pc. I downloaded the .dll file. Went to administrator command prompt and gained full access to the corrupted one, then when I tempted to do the replacement command which is E:\temp\.dll C:\windows\system32\.dll I got this message that said "The device is not ready". I don't know what to do about it. I've ran a sfc scan and nothing happend. I want some help with this problem.

Here is a picture. Sorry about it being sideways.

"The device is not ready" Error Help! [​IMG]

:)

duckduck1, Jul 30, 2019

2. windows 10 "the device is not ready"

Hi,

If your device is working fine in Windows 7/8/8.1, I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue. Though the article is for Windows 8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Get your apps and devices working in
    Windows 8.1

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Booting from bootable media - error 'This device is not ready'

Hi Kimneisha,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Device not ready error usually indicates a hardware failure. It could either be an issue with the bootable media or with the PC hard drive itself. I would suggest you to format the
    USB drive to NTFS and re-create the bootable media to see if it helps. Refer the article
    How to create Windows 10 installation
    DVD/USB flash drive Step-by-Step Guide
    for the same.

If the issue persists, it could be a PC hardware malfunction. I would suggest you to get in touch your PC manufacturer or a local technician to troubleshoot the same.

Additional Info:

How to Clean Install
    Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 30, 2019
  4. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

1. "The device is not ready" Error Help! - Similar Threads - device ready Error

2. WinRM error "The device is not ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM error "The device is not ready": Hi,I'm trying to connect to a windows node windows server 2022 via WINRM using ansible and I'm getting "The device not ready error". I have researched a lot about this and did not find much promising information about this. Are there any insights that I can get to resolve...
  3. WinRM error "The device is not ready"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRM error "The device is not ready": Hi,I'm trying to connect to a windows node windows server 2022 via WINRM using ansible and I'm getting "The device not ready error". I have researched a lot about this and did not find much promising information about this. Are there any insights that I can get to resolve...
  4. BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error: Hi All I tried encrypting my external hard disk with bit locker and unfortunately it got paused. When I tried to resume the encryption it says device not ready and i am unable to resume the process. Can anyone please help me in resuming the encryption process?* Moved from...
  5. BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error: Hi All I tried encrypting my external hard disk with bit locker and unfortunately it got paused. When I tried to resume the encryption it says device not ready and i am unable to resume the process. Can anyone please help me in resuming the encryption process?* Moved from...
  6. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk manager error the device is not ready: So i have a 1tb external solid state drive that im attempting to reset to be useable. it came with my computer originally but has issues with the bootloader potentially being wiped or corrupted. im attempting to use disk management but keep getting the device is not ready...
  7. 'The device is not ready' Error on external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'The device is not ready' Error on external HDD: So just this morning, my Seagate external HDD started showing a 'The device is not ready' error when I try accessing specific folders or files. It worked fine yesterday and even works fine on a PC with I'm assuming is an old version of Windows 10. It hasn't been damaged...
  8. Disk Initialization - Device is not ready error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Initialization - Device is not ready error: Not directly relevant but some background, I've been running into some overheating issues with a drive I'm installing. On the first attempt to initialize and partition, format the drive it failed midway through due to the drive going into overheat protection. I've now solved...
  9. The device is not ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The device is not ready: Hi, When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready" C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe "The device is not ready" Could you help me fix this? Thanks....
  10. device not ready error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device not ready error: I am trying to install fonts (from dafont) that I have on my computer in my downloads folder. I am getting an error "device is not ready" and the fonts will not install. I have Windows 10. I was able to do this before so why can I not do it now?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the device is not ready cmd