Windows 10: The device is not ready

Discus and support The device is not ready in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrsimpleNX, Sep 28, 2019.

1. The device is not ready

Hi,

When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying

C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready"

C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe "The device is not ready"

Could you help me fix this?

Thanks.

:)

MrsimpleNX, Sep 28, 2019

2. windows 10 "the device is not ready"

Hi,

If your device is working fine in Windows 7/8/8.1, I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue. Though the article is for Windows 8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Get your apps and devices working in
    Windows 8.1

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 28, 2019
  3. USB not showing up - 'The device is not ready'

I was trying to reformat a USB to NTFS, but the progess was interrupted when someone who didn't know formatting was happening physically removed it. When I tried to plug it back in, it didn't appear in my computer. It shows in Disk Management, but 'Disk
    1, Unknown' and is not initialized. When I try to initialize, it says 'The device is not ready'.

I have tried:

• Uninstalling the driver and restarting to Windows reaquires it.
    • Using cmd with the following:
      • DISKPART
      • list disk
      • select disk 1
      • clean
      • create partition primary
      Which gives me the 'the device is not ready' error message.

Any input is very appreciated.

Lawrence J. K. Parsons, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

The device is not ready

Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness

Source: Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness Windows for IT Pros

Brink, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

The device is not ready

1. The device is not ready - Similar Threads - device ready

2. No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification.": Hello everyone. For the past two months my laptop has suddenly stopped playing audio for anything. In addition, the built-in microphone on my laptop also does not work whatsoever even the button on the laptop to mute the mic won't turn work. The only time I can get audio is...
  3. No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification.": Hello everyone. For the past two months my laptop has suddenly stopped playing audio for anything. In addition, the built-in microphone on my laptop also does not work whatsoever even the button on the laptop to mute the mic won't turn work. The only time I can get audio is...
  4. Bitlocker resumed at 73% and now it says device is not ready , please help how can I solve...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bitlocker resumed at 73% and now it says device is not ready , please help how can I solve...: My computer turned off while decryption, and now it asks for formating drive before using it , please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-resumed-at-73-and-now-it-says-device-is/00c6d7c7-526c-4e09-aa11-7b8120443231
  5. Bitlocker resumed at 73% and now it says device is not ready , please help how can I solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker resumed at 73% and now it says device is not ready , please help how can I solve...: My computer turned off while decryption, and now it asks for formating drive before using it , please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-resumed-at-73-and-now-it-says-device-is/00c6d7c7-526c-4e09-aa11-7b8120443231
  6. Bitlocker resumed at 73% and now it says device is not ready , please help how can I solve...

7. cant able to resume BitLocker encryption, it stuck at 95.4% it says device is not ready.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant able to resume BitLocker encryption, it stuck at 95.4% it says device is not ready.: can,t able to resume BitLocker encryption, it stuck at 95.4% it says device is not ready. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-able-to-resume-bitlocker-encryption-it-stuck/ebf2e4b5-dcdb-41d1-b55e-14c79e6c9f0e
  8. cant able to resume BitLocker encryption, it stuck at 95.4% it says device is not ready.

cant able to resume BitLocker encryption, it stuck at 95.4% it says device is not ready.: can,t able to resume BitLocker encryption, it stuck at 95.4% it says device is not ready. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-able-to-resume-bitlocker-encryption-it-stuck/ebf2e4b5-dcdb-41d1-b55e-14c79e6c9f0e
  9. External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready: Hi, I am trying to format a 4TB WD MyPassport on Win11. The drive doesn't appear in This PC, but does appear in the Control Panel's Devices and Printers and in Disk Management. Upon trying to initialise the hard drive, I am shown the message "The device is not ready".I can't...
  10. External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready

External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready: Hi, I am trying to format a 4TB WD MyPassport on Win11. The drive doesn't appear in This PC, but does appear in the Control Panel's Devices and Printers and in Disk Management. Upon trying to initialise the hard drive, I am shown the message "The device is not ready".I can't...