Windows 10: The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding.

Discus and support The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to log into Microsoft related apps or use my Microsoft account it produces a 0x800704cf error or just tells me something went wrong. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KellyWang18, Jan 8, 2021.

1. The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding.

When I try to log into Microsoft related apps or use my Microsoft account it produces a 0x800704cf error or just tells me something went wrong. It tells me I don't have internet and obviously I do.

The internet works fine when browsing but is unable to log in. I troubleshooted the network and it gave me the line that I wrote in the title. I've tried a lot of recommended solutions such as flushing the dns and changing the properties of my network adapter.

I've recently had this laptop fixed for other issues that I don't know what they actually were and I also system reset my entire laptop before I got it fixed.

If anyone has any insight, it would be much appreciated.

:)

KellyWang18, Jan 8, 2021

2. your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding

Hi,

The error message "your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding" that you are getting, may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your computer. With that said,
    we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following:

• When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? Make sure that you remove all personal information.

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the app troubleshooter on this
    link
    and then run it on the computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jan 8, 2021
  3. JackHughs Win User
    Wifi issues [Device or resource (DNS server is not responding]

Hi,
    "Windows Troubleshooter and I got the following message: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource (DNS server) is not responding."

It appears that the router is broken.

Or,and this happens to me from time to time, her NIC is connecting to another WIFI router.

JackHughs, Jan 8, 2021
  4. The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding.

the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue with poor Wi-Fi performance.

1. Press Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc in the
    Run dialog box to open Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager window, expand Network Adapters and look for your
    WiFi driver, do a right click over it, select Properties.

3. In the property sheet, switch to Power Management tab and uncheck the option
    Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click
    OK
    and exit.

If it still does not help, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter to identify any potential driver related issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Network Adapter option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Next, check if updating/rolling back the Network Adapter driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the driver list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters

Update driver

Double click on your network adapter driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Update.

Reference: Update drivers in Windows 10

Rollback driver

Double click on your network adapter driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

Let us know the update of the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding.

1. The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding. - Similar Threads - device resource www

2. Com Surrogate Dllhost.exe using too much system CPU resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Com Surrogate Dllhost.exe using too much system CPU resources: Greetings.I'm facing an issue with COM Surrogate using too much system resources, particularly the cpu, about 10-15% and it causes the CPU to boost and the fans in my laptop with it.It is caused by process id:{AB8902B4-09CA-4bb6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5}. It could be a fileless...
  3. What is www.007guard.com?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is www.007guard.com?!: I was looking through my resource manager and found a domain called www.007guard.com in the network activity section. I’ve only seen it pop up when starting up nvidia GeForce experience and steam, I looked around and heard things about it possibly being malicious, I’ve looked...
  4. What is www.007guard.com?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is www.007guard.com?!: I was looking through my resource manager and found a domain called www.007guard.com in the network activity section. I’ve only seen it pop up when starting up nvidia GeForce experience and steam, I looked around and heard things about it possibly being malicious, I’ve looked...
  5. What is www.007guard.com?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding: Hi, I get this message when troubleshooting my WiFi connection: The device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding. I've always been connected to my TP Link WiFi extender with no problems until a few days ago when my laptop suddenly stopped receiving data from...
  7. Wifi issues [Device or resource (DNS server is not responding]

Wifi issues [Device or resource (DNS server is not responding]: Disclaimer: This is actually my girlfriends' PC that she's been having issues with. I'm unfortunately not able to physically access the PC as she's in another country. This is her post largely but I've added some more technical aspects to it. Thank you. I have some Internet...
  8. computer ok but The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding

computer ok but The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding: hello i have my wifi + internet connected working fine but when i try browsing i can't load anything. the net adapter win 10 troubleshoot report "Your Computer Appears To Be Correctly Configured, But The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding" I set my DNS on...
  9. the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding.

the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding.: A while ago my windows stopped getting updates and Cortana and onenote sync and all other MS related services were not working.. I got this error from network troubleshooter and it took me sometimes to figure out what is the problem. There were some solutions suggested but...
  10. Device manager not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager not responding: I`ve just downloaded a driver from the Roland corporation for windows 10 for my Roland E80 keyboard. The driver is for a midi interface to play and download midifiles from the internet.Everything was working perfectly before windows 10 but the keyboard was not recognised on...