Windows 10: The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

Discus and support The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Diagnostic Policy Service DPS is set to automatic, but it won't run. It starts and immediately stops. When I try to start the service manually, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yoli_863, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Yoli_863 Win User

The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

The Diagnostic Policy Service DPS is set to automatic, but it won't run. It starts and immediately stops. When I try to start the service manually, I get the message that "The Diagnostic Policy Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. The windows network troubleshooter does not have any problems on running, but the problem that it will always detect, no matter of the situation is that the DPS Service is not running. Even when i completely close my router, which should normally say something like ''you have not connected your ethernet cable'' , it still shows DPS serv

:)

Yoli_863, Jul 29, 2021
  2. cjlc{} Win User

Diagnostics Policy Service starts and then shuts down

Whether the troubleshooter attempts to start it or I do, the Diagnostics Policy Service will start, run for a couple seconds, then give the error : "the diagnostic policy services on local machine started and then stopped. some services stop automatically
    if they're not in use by other programs."

The reason I ran into the issue is because my PC can connect to the internet via a new wifi USB stick that I bought, but will no longer connect via a direct ethernet cable to my router, saying "Unidentified Network - No Internet".

I have checked and changed permissions for firewall policy etc, restarted several times, and am out of ideas. I would like to avoid a system restore if at all possible.

cjlc{}, Jul 29, 2021
  3. WindyB Win User
    The Diagnostic Policy Service appears to break my start menu and taskbar

Clicking on the start menu or search box just stopped working one day. Right clicking on taskbar icons also was not working.

To get around this issue, I created a new user account and abandoned the old one. This temporarily worked, until a few weeks later where the problem returned. This time I decided to actually figure out what was the cause of the problem.

I identified the Diagnostic Policy Service as the culprit.

When the Diagnostic Policy Service is enabled, the start menu, search box, and right-clicking taskbar icons stops working.

When the Diagnostic Policy Service is disabled, everything works normally.

Does this mean that the Diagnostic Policy Service is broken on my computer? And if so, is there a way to fix it without needing to reinstall Windows?

WindyB, Jul 29, 2021
  4. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

Starting the diagnostic policy service - how

All of a sudden even though I have a great internet connection I'm using the Netgear adapter to speed up the connection I can't open a browser or use Skype or zoom because I keep getting a message saying that the diagnostic policy service isn't started I've
    tried all kinds of things to try to start it and yet I can't get it to start and therefore I can't open a browser can you help me I'm running Windows 10?

I accessed the services listed use the computer management console and I know how to start process of these but I can't do this what am I doing wrong I'm the only user on my computer I'm in administrator on and get it keeps saying I don't have privileges
    to to do this

JBates_957, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

1. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started. - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Policy Service

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  3. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  4. Diagnostics Policy Service stuck while stopping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagnostics Policy Service stuck while stopping: Whenever I try and troubleshoot internet problems, the only response I get is that the diagnostics policy service is not running. When I look at the diagnostics policy service, I see that it is "stopping", but it never finishes stopping. Because of this, I am unable to start,...
  5. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops: When I try and troubleshoot my network I get greeted with the message “Diagnostics Policy Service is not running” and when I press try these repairs as administrator it doesn’t do anything. Then when I tried manually turning it on it told me “The Diagnostic Policy Service on...
  6. Diagnostic policy service not running

Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  7. Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.: Hello, for something I'm working on I need to be able to stop and start the DHCP service. However, I am unable to do so because when I tried to attempt to stop the service I get "Access is denied" and "System error 5 has occurred". I do not believe the problem is because...
  8. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  9. Windows could not start the Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not start the Diagnostic Policy Service: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you attempt to run a Windows Service such as Diagnostic Policy Service, you may receive the following error message – Windows could not start the Diagnostic Policy Service. In this post, we will see what you can do if [...] This post Windows could not...
  10. Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service: This is my first post in TenForums, I'll try not to screw up. And I am not a computer tech. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 Dell Optiplex 380 I am trying to network my computers, of which I have too many! LOL These are the OSes I need to network, although...