Windows 10: The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...

Discus and support The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I want to permanently disable automatic drivers update. Of course, I want to keep the Windows operating system updates.In other words, I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by devnull4, Jun 28, 2022.

1. devnull4 Win User

The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...

Hello,I want to permanently disable automatic drivers update. Of course, I want to keep the Windows operating system updates.In other words, I just want to manually install drivers for my computer via the device manufacturer's website not via Windows Updates.On the internet, I found two methods of getting this behavior:Using the Group Policy Editor and setting "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" to EnabledGo to "System Properties > Hardware > Device Installation Settings", and setting "No your device...."May I ask what is the difference between the two options?

:)

devnull4, Jun 28, 2022

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jun 28, 2022
  4. The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...

Can't update to current ATi drivers

In my previous attemps to update drivers I went through the complete process you mentioned, but using driver sweeper...I don't really know if there is any difference between the two programs, but sweeper was recommended by the sticky post here on how to update drivres...so that is what I used when first trying to update.

Any how I just followed your pervious suggestion and down loaded and installed v8.10 over the old drivers. I also tried to updated directly from the device manager...but it kept telling me I have the most recent version, which in device mgr now says v8.54.....But after using CCC to search for the most current drivers which were the 8.10 that I installed, CCC is listing in the Info Ctr under graphic software, Driver package version 8.541 (which are digital signer by MS) and Catalyst Version 08.10.

So I'm guessing that even though the device mgr lists current drivers at 8.541, my drivers are infact updated to 8.10 in the CCC ?

Man this is making me dizzy.... *Twitch :twitch:

dieselcat18, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...

1. The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation... - Similar Threads - difference between Don't

2. Windows settings tranfering between different devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows settings tranfering between different devices: Holy ****. This is basic programing 101. What are you idiots even doing over there? Why is it that I set a mouse for a left handed person on a different device and it changes the mouse settings on my other devices? A quick google search shows this has been an issue for at...
  3. Windows settings tranfering between different devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows settings tranfering between different devices: Holy ****. This is basic programing 101. What are you idiots even doing over there? Why is it that I set a mouse for a left handed person on a different device and it changes the mouse settings on my other devices? A quick google search shows this has been an issue for at...
  4. Windows settings tranfering between different devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...: Hello,I want to permanently disable automatic drivers update. Of course, I want to keep the Windows operating system updates.In other words, I just want to manually install drivers for my computer via the device manufacturer's website not via Windows Updates.On the internet,...
  6. The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The difference between "Don't include drivers with Windows Update" vs "Device Installation...: Hello,I want to permanently disable automatic drivers update. Of course, I want to keep the Windows operating system updates.In other words, I just want to manually install drivers for my computer via the device manufacturer's website not via Windows Updates.On the internet,...
  7. Performance difference between windows when one is focused vs none

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance difference between windows when one is focused vs none: Hi all, I've recently moved from windows 7 to 10 (very late I know) and am working on an Unreal Engine 4 project. I've found that when displaying two UE clients and focusing on one the other client fps drops dramatically e.g. the focused window was at 50-60 fps and the...
  8. Is there any difference between updating Windows and Clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any difference between updating Windows and Clean install?: I just bought Windows 10 and have not used a Windows OS since the XP days. I remember people always saying that upgrading Windows is worse than a clean install so the recommendation was to buy the full version and do a format. So now that Windows does major releases through...
  9. Difference between these drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between these drivers: I tinkered with the built-in Realtek drivers of my newly bought laptop. After getting things mixed up, I uninstalled them from my PC and installed the one from the device support. (Just choose win10 64bit) Then to my surprise, the PC never produced any sound until I...
  10. Difference between getting an update through Windows Update vs. downloading the installer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between getting an update through Windows Update vs. downloading the installer...: I was just curious to know if there is any difference between downloading and installing a Windows Update through the Windows Update service on my PC, and manually downloading and installing it from the Microsoft website?...