Windows 10: The difference between'feature updates' and 'quality updates'

Discus and support The difference between'feature updates' and 'quality updates' in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Microsoft provides two types of updates for Windows 10: "feature updates" and "quality updates." This guide explains the differences between the two.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hello10, Nov 16, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

The difference between'feature updates' and 'quality updates'

Microsoft provides two types of updates for Windows 10: "feature updates" and "quality updates." This guide explains the differences between the two.

:)

hello10, Nov 16, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 16, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Nov 16, 2018
  4. tracit99 Win User

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10  

Hi Shawn,

The options to defer updates are missing in Advanced Options for my system. This issue has been discussed some in the 16299.98 thread but so far a solution has not been found. I had checked the registry settings listed above and they match what you show. I have some registry tweaks and I have the managed by organization message but I have removed all tweaks and restarted the system and the defer updates options are still missing. I am also on RP if that makes any difference. I have not done a repair install. Any idea why they have gone missing?

The difference between'feature updates' and 'quality updates' [​IMG]

tracit99, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. The difference between'feature updates' and 'quality updates' - Similar Threads - difference between'feature updates'

2. Quality update not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quality update not working: Quality update not working in my machine. Error always come 0x8024A005. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quality-update-not-working/8e5aff39-0aed-4253-b6f9-a69acf8ce8cd
  3. Quality update not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quality update not working: Quality update not working in my machine. Error always come 0x8024A005. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quality-update-not-working/8e5aff39-0aed-4253-b6f9-a69acf8ce8cd
  4. quality update missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quality update missing: Trying to update my 21h1 Windows however It keeps getting error message. I tried to run sfc and dism knowing it will resolve the issue. Also, I turn off my anti virus program that might blocking it but didnt help. Please help me with this update....
  5. July Quality Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    July Quality Update: Hello, I've just updated my computer with what I believe to be the July Quality update, but during this my computer shut off. I wasn't alarmed at first due to it restarting during an update. Now, I can only turn on my computer and I get a Gigabyte "Processing Automatic...
  6. July Quality Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    July Quality Update: Hello, I've just updated my computer with what I believe to be the July Quality update, but during this my computer shut off. I wasn't alarmed at first due to it restarting during an update. Now, I can only turn on my computer and I get a Gigabyte "Processing Automatic...
  7. Quality Updates Error

Quality Updates Error: Hi Team, While update the system, It failed to install the update while restarting the system and displaying this error message "Last failed install attempt on ‎24-‎10-‎2020 - 0x800f0845". I had attached the screen capture for your reference. Kindly help me to correct this...
  8. Quality updates issue

Quality updates issue: I have 3 updates that seem to be installed, however in update history, it shows "rRequires a restart to finish installing". The updates are KB4537759 Adobe update, KB4497165 update to windows 10 version 1909 X64 based, KB4556799 Cumulative update. I restarted twice, but they...
  9. Quality Update Expectations?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Quality Update Expectations?: Good Day. As of today, I've been using Windows 10 for 4 years.. I have some questions regarding possible updates and if I should expect these or not? Wsappx - no matter how I choose to try and disable windows store, or any of it's components, whether through group...
  10. Quality updates failed....

Quality updates failed....: ALL QUALITY UPDATES ARE FAILED I don't know why all quality updates are failed. I just recently updated to 1903 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quality-updates-failed/e0732ec5-3662-4e8e-9db0-b4f8df5d8f45

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difference between windows feature and quality updates

2. quality updates and feature updates difference

3. diffrence between quality update and eature update