Windows 10: The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu

Discus and support The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a Windows based virtual machine. Previously, I used to use "Shut Down Windows" dialog menu Win+M, Alt+F4 to disconnect or perform any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sergey Teslenko, Oct 2, 2020.

1. The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu

I am using a Windows based virtual machine. Previously, I used to use "Shut Down Windows" dialog menu Win+M, Alt+F4 to disconnect or perform any other action with the VM, it is extremely useful. But a week ago the 'Disconnect' option disappeared from the menu. I did not find a way to get it back or information that this option is deprecated. Other options shut down, sing out, restart are still present in the menu.

Restarting the VM, updating Windows to the latest version available, adding the NoDisconnect register key and disabling it did not help.

It looks like this is another bug on Windows and I want the Windows team to fix it.

I can still disconnect from the VM using the power button in the Win menu, but I extremely do not like this way.

The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu 2ab6ccc0-5550-4146-98a1-bf6defe81276?upload=true.png

:)

Sergey Teslenko, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Anyone know why my drop down menus disappear?

Hi,

I had this exact problem, where the drop down list disappears when clicked on save and open dialogs.

My issue was caused due to a fingerprint recognition SDK i was using.

To solve the issue, i ended the process for "pg.exe" within task manager. pg.exe was part of the SDK licensing service.

craig12345, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu

1. The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu - Similar Threads - disconnect option disappeared

2. My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.: The Shut Down and Restart options are missing entirely. The only power option i'm able to use is sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shut-down-option-has-completely-vanished-from/a48f417d-2803-40ed-9d8f-393a84fc04d3
  3. My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.: The Shut Down and Restart options are missing entirely. The only power option i'm able to use is sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shut-down-option-has-completely-vanished-from/a48f417d-2803-40ed-9d8f-393a84fc04d3
  4. My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option

Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option: Recently, I've had two computers get stuck with the shut down dialog box with "switch user" as the default option rather than "shut down". How do I change this? Switch user is a pointless option for both computers as they only have one user account. My preliminary searches...
  6. remove "log off" from start menu but NOT from the shut down menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove "log off" from start menu but NOT from the shut down menu: Hey, I'm looking for a way to remove the separate "log off" option right above the "shut down" option on the start menu. Right now, mine goes (from the bottom up): Shut Down, Log Off, Run. I want Log Off to be gone. I know how to remove the log off option via the local...
  7. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.: I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums]. Has...
  8. shut down option

shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  9. Remove Shut Down option in Windows

Remove Shut Down option in Windows: Group Policy allows me to remove power options in Windows,but I just want to remove the Shut Down option,not any others.Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-shut-down-option-in-windows/eace1ef8-1dc1-45ac-a204-7819955f7319
  10. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...