Windows 10: "The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No"

Discus and support "The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have experienced something weird with my two latest Windows 10 installations. They both suddenly became "write protected". There's no common fix to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StianIngebrigtsen Olsen, Mar 30, 2020.

1. "The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No"

I have experienced something weird with my two latest Windows 10 installations. They both suddenly became "write protected". There's no common fix to this problem.

My problem is local on my computer. All my physical hard drives has the term "online" on and none of them has the term "Write Protected" unless you try to copy a file to one of the drives from the C disk. C disk is the only disk that is not Write Protected.

I have tried these methods:

* Apply Diskpart Command to Disable Write Protection

* Use Registry to Clear Write Protection on All Devices

* Deny write access to the HDD drive by Local Group Policy

* Clean installation of Windows 10 came back after scheduled reboot

What can cause this issue?

* Cloud? I use my work's azure account to log into Office 365, Citrix Workspace, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams Bitlocker turned off So I use both my personal account and I log into my work's Azure account

* Music programs with licenses? I use Cubase 10.5, Native Instruments, Waves Central, Izotope, Arturia and iLOK. Any known issues with their download and install tools?
    * Any known issues for these system specs and/or their software?
    - ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING, Socket-AM4 Asus Grid
    - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Prosessor ROG CPU-Z

- 2x G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 32GB 3000MHZ

- Corsair Force Series MP510 960GB M.2 SSD Corsair SSD Toolbox

- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSD Samsung Magician

- Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Geforce Experience

Pictures:

"The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No" ad250d15-fb85-4086-af9d-3d946419e238?upload=true.png "The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No" 9e3a74ea-d6e5-4b3e-a4a5-6e3ad40eae35?upload=true.png "The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No" 2abf71bb-9cce-40f2-ba79-95230be5b74d?upload=true.png "The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No" 368000da-75e3-4b36-9536-342c3a716b38?upload=true.png

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

:)

StianIngebrigtsen Olsen, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Cannot deal with microSd due to 'disk is write protected'

I have microSd connected to PC via adapter. Lock mode is off on it.

Trying to edit/create/format card i'm getting message 'disk is write protected'.

I tried all action suggested by googling.

DISKPART log looks like:

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 238 GB 2048 KB *

Disk 1 Online 29 GB 3072 KB

DISKPART> select disk 1

Disk 1 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> attributes disk

Current Read-only State : Yes

Read-only : No

Boot Disk : No

Pagefile Disk : No

Hibernation File Disk : No

Crashdump Disk : No

Clustered Disk : No

DISKPART> attributes disk clear readonly

Disk attributes cleared successfully.

DISKPART> attributes disk

Current Read-only State : Yes

Read-only : No

Boot Disk : No

Pagefile Disk : No

Hibernation File Disk : No

Crashdump Disk : No

Clustered Disk : No

Dzianis Lapanik, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Time Lady Win User

"The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No"

Time Lady, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

"The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No"

1. "The disk is write protected" in Windows 10 Diskpart says "Read only : No" - Similar Threads - disk write protected

2. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb: "This disk is write-protected": I hate this alot, I tried editing Registry Editor and command prompt, but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-this-disk-is-write-protected/09c31158-ee9a-441a-8a2f-390932d29b1f
  3. Cant change the "This Drive is read only" or "this media is write protected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change the "This Drive is read only" or "this media is write protected": hi I have a problem, my SSD Drive D: suddenly can't be edited, I can't delete files, add folders, I can only access folders that are already there. I've tried several solutions on google but they haven't worked. the solution i tried like "diskpart -> list disk -> select disk...
  4. Cant change the "This Drive is read only" or "this media is write protected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change the "This Drive is read only" or "this media is write protected": hi I have a problem, my SSD Drive D: suddenly can't be edited, I can't delete files, add folders, I can only access folders that are already there. I've tried several solutions on google but they haven't worked. the solution i tried like "diskpart -> list disk -> select disk...
  5. "This disk is write-protected"

"This disk is write-protected": I have pictures in my disk drive C and moved one onto my local disk D. The action was interrupted and a pop-up window appeared that the Disk is "write-protected". What does it mean? Should I remove it?...
  6. Disk read/write issue

Disk read/write issue: Does anybody know how to find out exactly what is read/writing to a specific disk drive? People have recommended resource monitor, but it doesn't allow me to isolate a specific drive. It just shows me if there's activity on a drive, and it shows me an enormous amount of...
  7. Internal disk write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal disk write protected: Windows was updated last night. After the mandatory reboot,when checking my drives I noticed that one of the internal drives was missing.I looked in the disk manager and there it was but it asked me to initialize it.I've never seen that before. Now I can access that disk,...
  8. Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart: So about a year ago I made this drive into a recovery drive. However, the last time my computer had an issue that would require this drive, it didn't show up as a recovery drive when plugged in. I have decided that I would like to reuse this drive however when I attempted to...
  9. The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection: Hi I just join my computer with autopilot and mi HDD of storage don't allow me to write for permission, I try modify permission from properties ->security->advance option and nothing, I try with cmd with the comand diskpart --> attributes disk clear readonly and nothing....
  10. Write to read only memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write to read only memory: I have had two BSODs this morning, the first was PFN list corrupt closely followed by Write to read only memory. This is a clean install of Windows 10, I thought it might cure the BSODs but no such luck. So glad to find this forum. Attachment 82075 51621

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd This disk is write protected

2. format write protected ssd