Windows 10: The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error

Discus and support The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Version: Windows 10, Dev (OS Build 21390.1010) On another computer - Windows Version: Windows 7, 6.1 (Compilation 7601: Service Pack 1) Hi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WiktorWdowiak, Jun 11, 2021.

1. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error

Windows Version: Windows 10, Dev (OS Build 21390.1010) On another computer - Windows Version: Windows 7, 6.1 (Compilation 7601: Service Pack 1) Hi guys! I've got a big problem with my school/private drive. Today morning I've tried to connect my drive to my laptop, and there was an error (The parameter isn't proper) or something like that. Now, when I connect my drive, it displays (The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.) and I can't access files on it. In Disk Management, they say that Disk 1 partitions are RAW instead od NTFS (I have got 2 partitions - D:/ and G:/). I tried uninstalling driver, and reinstalling it - nothing. When I run chkdsk D: /f or chkdsk G: /f it says: The type of the file system is NTFS. Unable to determine volume version and state. CHKDSK aborted. But I still can't access it. Can someone please help? Thanks!

:)

WiktorWdowiak, Jun 11, 2021
  2. n4rvto Win User

Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

Hi, last night my internal hard drive is working fine but today when I want to access my hard drive windows said:

The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error [​IMG]

then I tried to chkdsk the hard drive, but aborted:

when I open the hard drive properties, the result is blank:

then I tried to error checking, windows said:

here is the status in disk management:

Anyway, my hard drive is WD Green 1.5TB, about 8 years old. Please help me to find a solution to fix this issue, thank you!

n4rvto, Jun 11, 2021
  3. n4rvto Win User

Hi again dalchina! Here's the result as you requested:
    - Overview

- Temperature

Is there any information that you can enlighten me from that result?
    And for your another suggestions I will reply it later, because I'm still in my workdays. Thank you!

n4rvto, Jun 11, 2021
  4. n4rvto Win User

The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error

Hi guys, I just finished clone the bad drive into the new one. The result is exactly same with the bad one, I can't access the drive. What should I do next to fix the recovered bad disk (red mark) in the new disk or recover the data?

Anyway, here's the result from ddrescue:

And here's the log:

Many thanks!

n4rvto, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error

1. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error - Similar Threads - disk structure corrupted

2. error with unreadable disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error with unreadable disk: when i open my partitions of my hard disk that was the result and when i try to open and run this command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-unreadable-disk/58f87e24-1b23-4f76-96d0-dd1f5faa1071
  3. error with unreadable disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error with unreadable disk: when i open my partitions of my hard disk that was the result and when i try to open and run this command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-unreadable-disk/58f87e24-1b23-4f76-96d0-dd1f5faa1071
  4. Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10: Need some help figuring out why the following is happening. I have a Vectotech 4 TB USC-C SSD that is connected to a USB-C port on my PC running windows 10. Multiple times now - after a reboot or other unknown issue - the drive becomes inaccessible with the above error...
  5. critical structure corruption error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    critical structure corruption error: I get this error every now and then randomly, ive tried alot, but nothing works, updating drivers, checking ram, reinstalling windows etc. Anyone know a fix?...
  6. F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems: lately a couple of my hard drives have been getting this error come up and I can just chkdsk F: /r /f or w/e but this on is a bit different it has error codes and some other stuff Im trying to save it without wiping it coz I messed up and didn't back up anything so any help...
  7. External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable": I have a 1T external USB HDD and i found that the disk is "RAW" , i am using windows 10 Pro 93581
  8. disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

disk structure is corrupt and unreadable: So it was working fine and then it got slow when putting things on it and then blah it wont let me open it. if i managed to get the attachment thingy right you the drive f: which is giving me the problems i tried to circle it in paint. 26054
  9. Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable: Hi, last night my internal hard drive is working fine but today when I want to access my hard drive windows said: [img] then I tried to chkdsk the hard drive, but aborted: [img] when I open the hard drive properties, the result is blank: [img] then I tried...
  10. Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable

Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting the above message when in plug an external HDD via USB. Checking this out forum I Have tried Chkdsk commands at cmd prompt: chkdsk f: /r chkfdsk /f f: for both I get the same reply: "Type of file is NTFS. Unable to determine volume and version state" This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to determine volume version and state. CHKDSK aborted.

2. unable to determine volume version and state. chkdsk aborted ntfs