Windows 10: The display has gone all funky

Discus and support The display has gone all funky in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I downloaded sims 2 and when i played it the screen got smaller so that theres 2 big black spaces on either side and eveything is just smaller. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NaomiClarihew, May 2, 2019.

1. The display has gone all funky

I downloaded sims 2 and when i played it the screen got smaller so that theres 2 big black spaces on either side and eveything is just smaller. The problem is that when i exit the game the screen stays the same size. ive tried restarting it twice and it hasnt helped and i cant find anything to help in the display settings.

:)

NaomiClarihew, May 2, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 2, 2019
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 2, 2019
  4. alone Win User

The display has gone all funky

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

The display has gone all funky [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

The display has gone all funky [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, May 2, 2019
Thema:

The display has gone all funky

1. The display has gone all funky - Similar Threads - display has gone

2. Display Adapter gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Adapter gone: I recently hads a problem with my pc and whenever I would start a game it says "a d3d11 graphics card is required to run this engine.". I came across a video and he told me to delete my display adapter off my system. Its no where to be found and its effecting more than...
  3. Computer display has gone black and white.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer display has gone black and white.: I am this admin for a home netwrk. This computer display has lost all color -- everything has gone black and white. Rebooted and initial display came up in color then switched to black and white. No help in Settings....
  4. funky file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    funky file: i found a file on one drive it is unconfirmed21254.crdownload does anyone what this is?....thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/funky-file/4f7a84e2-739b-4604-a4dd-8a0282e1e7a6
  5. personalization screen has gone mostly all white

in Windows 10 Customization
    personalization screen has gone mostly all white: While trying to change colours in personalization i have gone into grey mode and while trying to fix that i have an almost completely white screen. I can hover over a few things that are black but i can't tell what they are for because i can't see any of the printing. I...
  6. Win Media Player has gone funky

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win Media Player has gone funky: I bought a new Acer Aspire TC-875 with Win10. For some reason, WMP has lost its marbles. Before when I put a CD/DVD into the drive, WMP immediately saw the disc. Now I have restart WMP multiple times for it see it. Before when I ejected the disc, WMP cleared the playlist. Now...
  7. WiFi Adapter has gone all of sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter has gone all of sudden: my laptop can't locate wifi connection, and I noticed it's not listed anymore on my network and internet settings, Can anyone help me on this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-has-gone-all-of-sudden/3cc00f92-c2a3-49af-b579-c16f2d19f25e
  8. funky start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    funky start up: Every time I close all my apps, and then do a normal shut down of my Windows 10 computer, when I turn it back on a day or so later, it reopens any program or web pages that were open before I closed all the apps prior to shut down. How do I stop this!?...
  9. Funky Mouse on Keyboard

Funky Mouse on Keyboard: Every time I swipe from left to right on my mouse, the task bar appears. How do I turn this off? Also, randomly my mouse on the screen will freeze and then swipe across the entire screen pressing things I didn't press. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!...
  10. Wallpaper slideshow gone; all applications display reversed

Wallpaper slideshow gone; all applications display reversed: I have lost my wallpaper slide show and every application I pull up displays in reversed out type -- white characters on black background. Going into settings to reset the wallpaper, I get no option to use my photos. Help! I'm sure this is a settings thing but I'm fairly new...