Windows 10: the display orientation drop down is grayed out

Discus and support the display orientation drop down is grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] so i just connected my second monitor and wanted to use it in portrait mode but i cant select it because the display orientation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by youneska, May 13, 2020.

1. youneska Win User

the display orientation drop down is grayed out

the display orientation drop down is grayed out 7f0c70d9-fb10-4bae-8acf-ff89fdefc4ab?upload=true.png

the display orientation drop down is grayed out 72fabaa5-43db-4657-921b-0f20c660c6f2?upload=true.png

so i just connected my second monitor and wanted to use it in portrait mode but i cant select it because the display orientation drop down is grayed out and i don't know why, i tried updating the graphics drivers but it didn't work and i cant even find the rotation option in the graphics option

:)

youneska, May 13, 2020

2. Problem with display orientation

Hi Pave,

The recent Windows update can change your system settings and could've affected the screen orientation of your device. To enable this feature, we suggest that you update your display drivers by following these steps:

• Type in Device Manager on the search box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Display adapters.
    • Right-click the driver and Select Properties.
    • Select Diver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Click OK.

You can also visit your device's support website, to check for the latest driver that are compatible on your device.

Do post back should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, May 13, 2020
  3. Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 13, 2020
  4. the display orientation drop down is grayed out

screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, May 13, 2020
Thema:

the display orientation drop down is grayed out

1. the display orientation drop down is grayed out - Similar Threads - display orientation drop

2. duplicate display drop out continually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate display drop out continually: tried both wifi, hmdi and hard connection - the duplicate display still drops out approx every 15 to 35 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-display-drop-out-continually/f4473008-7daf-415b-97a5-af0213200e16
  3. duplicate display drop out continually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate display drop out continually: tried both wifi, hmdi and hard connection - the duplicate display still drops out approx every 15 to 35 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-display-drop-out-continually/f4473008-7daf-415b-97a5-af0213200e16
  4. Rotate Display Orientation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Rotate Display Orientation: Hi All, I have a Dell XPS 15 with Window 10 version 1909. I am projecting my screen to my Dell P2719H, but I cannot get the system to rotate the display when the P2719H is plugged into the HDMI port. The setting in Display Orientation setting is greyed out. I can rotate my...
  5. Rotate Display Orientation

in Windows 10 Support
    Rotate Display Orientation: Hi All, I have a Dell XPS 15 with Window 10 version 1909. I am projecting my screen to my Dell P2719H, but I cannot get the system to rotate the display when the P2719H is plugged into the HDMI port. The setting in Display Orientation setting is greyed out. I can rotate my...
  6. screen display orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen display orientation: My display screen has turned 90 degrees. how do I correct and return to normal format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-display-orientation/508e0424-7648-47a4-b537-3ba330fbc631
  7. Display Orientation

Display Orientation: Kindly give me the short key for changing of display orientation and make it unchanged as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation/129bd3f4-9fcf-48bf-af21-ecee31ad350f
  8. Turn off Display is grayed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off Display is grayed out: [ATTACH]I would like to change to never off the display setting of our desktop. But we cannot change. See the sample picturelaptop for your reference. The computer is in domain. We change already in GPO but still not working....
  9. My drop down box to change the sample rate and bit depth for microphones is Grayed out.

My drop down box to change the sample rate and bit depth for microphones is Grayed out.: I just got a new Microphone. I use a program called Voicemod to decrease background noise, but this microphone's Hz are above the 48,000 Hz that Voicemod can handle 192,000 Hz for the mic. Voicemod tells me I can change it by going into Sound, Recording, to my microphone,...
  10. display orientation

display orientation: Display orientation is not editable. How to fix it?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation/f45b7cb1-8a3c-4a90-997f-38676ea8d6bd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display orientation greyed out

2. windows display orientation greyed out