Windows 10: The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...

Discus and support The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my computer to an i9 Core Processor running on an Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme motherboard with 64gig of ram, I'm still using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yodan13, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Yodan13 Win User

The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...

I have recently upgraded my computer to an i9 Core Processor running on an Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme motherboard with 64gig of ram, I'm still using an EVGA GeForce gtx 960 video board. I still have 3 Asus 4k monitors. The monitors and video card were working fine up to the upgrade when the old motherboard got flaky. I was in the process of installing an LSI Megaraid SAS 9260i controller card which I still have in the new system, it's working fine now. I've tried two of the Asus motherboards and three MSI motherboards, there were problems with the motherboards I replaced but everyone of the installs had one common problem. (The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display Settings.) Since this is a Microsoft Forum I assume someone at Microsoft should be able to explain what causes this error message also since I've seen so many others with the same problem. I've tried all of the common solutions such as upgrading drivers and changing monitor resolution. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix the problem. Is there an issue with the cpu causing a conflict with the video card.

:)

Yodan13, Sep 17, 2018

2. Error "Change Settings", "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."

While trying to "Change the appearance of your displays" on the Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, Display, Screen Resolution, I get an error that says "Change Settings", "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination
    of display settings."

Ok, so no combination of settings work with the December 17 Windows 10 update. Was fine a few days ago with my three monitor setup. How do I either fix this, or roll back to the last time this feature worked correctly?

Original title: December 17 Update to Windows 10 Broke my Multi Monitor Display Setup

Nathan Gridley, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 dual monitor problem. Error - "The display setting could not be saved, please try a different combination of the display settings"

Hello,

I tried this fix and it didn't work.

It keeps telling me " The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings".

help please.

MidoChitto, Sep 17, 2018
  4. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...

Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...

1. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display... - Similar Threads - Display Settings Saved

2. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...: This does not appear to be an uncommon problem, but I haven't found any helpful solutions yet so I'm hoping for the best here.I have a Windows 10 computer with two identical ViewSonic VP3268-4K monitors. They both work fine. I have an AMD Radeon PRO graphics card, which also...
  3. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...: This does not appear to be an uncommon problem, but I haven't found any helpful solutions yet so I'm hoping for the best here.I have a Windows 10 computer with two identical ViewSonic VP3268-4K monitors. They both work fine. I have an AMD Radeon PRO graphics card, which also...
  4. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings: The Problem:I have a desktop PC i've built myself, with a TV setup beside me, which is good for movie time, or 2 player coop playing. It has worked flawless for some years, but late last year i started getting this error ''The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A...
  6. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings: The Problem:I have a desktop PC i've built myself, with a TV setup beside me, which is good for movie time, or 2 player coop playing. It has worked flawless for some years, but late last year i started getting this error ''The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A...
  7. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Display settings please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display settings please: I have a Surface Pro 7, it is my employers, I am on a network and they lock and disable a lot of features. I have 2 monitors 1080p connected via a splitter, one like this though not this exact one, I am linking to this one because they offer some troubleshooting advice. The...
  9. Saving Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving Display Settings: How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I have to go to the control panel, device manager and update my display adapter again....
  10. Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please...

Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please...: Hi, My pc suddenly won't allow me to use both monitors. I have two different monitors now, both connecting through DP to the graphics card (GTX 1070). The error message occurs when I try to extend both displays. The first monitor is a 1440p (165hz) and the second...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the display settings could not be saved

2. smart board the display settings could not be saved. please try a different combination of display settings display port

3. please try different combination of display settings

4. please try a different combination,
  5. the display settings could not be saved. please try a different combination,
  6. this display cannot be saved please try a different combination,
  7. the display settings could not be saved please,
  8. windows 10 display setting could not be saved please try a different combination of display settings,
  9. display settings cannot be saved please try another combination,
  10. this display settings could not be saved,
  11. windows 10 the display setting could not be saved. please try a different combination of display settings error,
  12. combination display in main account,
  13. the display settings could not be saved. please try a different combination of display settings,
  14. multiple video cards the display settings could not be saved please try different combination,
  15. the display setting could not be saved . please try a different combination of display setting