Windows 10: The display settings could not be saved Windows 10 64-bit

Discus and support The display settings could not be saved Windows 10 64-bit in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had 3 monitors connected and my desktop extended for months with no issues. This morning one was marked as disconnected and when I try to extend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abiobob, Sep 16, 2018.

1. abiobob Win User

The display settings could not be saved Windows 10 64-bit

I have had 3 monitors connected and my desktop extended for months with no issues. This morning one was marked as disconnected and when I try to extend the display, I get the message "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."

So far I have tried the following with no change:

• Switching cables
    • Switching ports on my GPU
    • Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    • Updating to the latest nvidia drivers
    • Updating windows
    • Updating the monitor drivers

Please help if you can,

Thanks,

Ian

:)

abiobob, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile The display settings could not be saved Windows 10 64-bit :)

3. Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 16, 2018
  4. The display settings could not be saved Windows 10 64-bit

Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

The display settings could not be saved Windows 10 64-bit

1. The display settings could not be saved Windows 10 64-bit - Similar Threads - display settings saved

2. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings: The Problem:I have a desktop PC i've built myself, with a TV setup beside me, which is good for movie time, or 2 player coop playing. It has worked flawless for some years, but late last year i started getting this error ''The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A...
  3. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings: The Problem:I have a desktop PC i've built myself, with a TV setup beside me, which is good for movie time, or 2 player coop playing. It has worked flawless for some years, but late last year i started getting this error ''The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A...
  4. DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...: Observed on System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS-Build 19044.1586unlike the previous version of Windows most likely 32 bits, DOSBOX cannot run out-of-the box from a fresh installation.configuring the compatibility mode to "windows vista service pack 2" do not help...
  5. DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...

DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...: unlike the previous version of Windows most likely 32 bits, DOSBOX cannot run out-of-the box from a fresh installation.configuring the compatibility mode to "windows vista service pack 2" do not help either.when one tries to run DosBox, one would get a frozen state with a...
  6. Unable to open "Settings" in Windows 10 64-bit

Unable to open "Settings" in Windows 10 64-bit: Hi there, I'm using Lenovo Yoga 500. Last week, all of a sudden, my keyboard stopped working except two keys Screen Brightness + and -. So i decided to reset the Windows 10. It actually rectified the keyboard issue, but now I'm unable to use "Settings" option. When I...
  7. I could not upgrade 32 bit windows to 64 bit windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I could not upgrade 32 bit windows to 64 bit windows 10 pro.: [ATTACH] Actually I am using 32 bit windows 10 pro and is 64 bit based processor. So I should easily upgrade it using media creation tool. But after installing media creation tool, when I try to start setup it says "THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC" please give some suggestion...
  8. Windows 10 64 bit set up

Windows 10 64 bit set up: I am trying to get windows 10 64 bit on my desktop I am stuck on the page where it says "select the driver to install" with my USB plugged in with the mediacreationtool1909 it's saying "no drivers were found"...
  9. Can a 32 bit display run 64 bit windows 10???

Can a 32 bit display run 64 bit windows 10???: I have asked this because i am facing display lag by installing windows 10 pro 64 bit in my laptop...... Or there is some another problem please tell Display-32 bit ,60 herts refresh rate..... laptop-Dell inspiron 15 3541 with 4gb ram and amd a6 6310 processor with amd...
  10. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...: I have recently upgraded my computer to an i9 Core Processor running on an Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme motherboard with 64gig of ram, I'm still using an EVGA GeForce gtx 960 video board. I still have 3 Asus 4k monitors. The monitors and video card were working fine up to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the display settings could not be saved

2. the display setting could not be saved

3. Windows 10 the display settings could not be saved

4. display settings not saving windows 10,
  5. windows 10 display settings not saving,
  6. display settings could not be saved windows 10,
  7. display settings could not be saved win 10,
  8. windows 10 display settings not saved,
  9. display settings will not save,
  10. display settings cannot be saved windows 10,
  11. windows 10 not saving display settings,
  12. display settings windows 10 not saving,
  13. display settings could not be saved,
  14. this display settings could not be saved,
  15. the display settings could not be saved. please try a different combination