Windows 10: The Division 2 update causes the GPU to ramp up

Discus and support The Division 2 update causes the GPU to ramp up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today I got the latest Division 2 patch (3.1) installed, and now the GPU appears to be running harder than ever. Now when in game the GPU fans are seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sygnus21, Jun 3, 2019.

1. sygnus21 Win User

The Division 2 update causes the GPU to ramp up

Today I got the latest Division 2 patch (3.1) installed, and now the GPU appears to be running harder than ever. Now when in game the GPU fans are seem to be running all out. Where things were once quiet, not my GPU sounds like a jet engine. The card is a Radeon VII. See My Computer for system specs. Latest AMD patch I'm running is 19.5.2.

Again, wasn't like this before the latest patch. Anyone else???

:)

sygnus21, Jun 3, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jun 3, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Jun 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond The Division 2 update causes the GPU to ramp up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. The Division 2 update causes the GPU to ramp up - Similar Threads - Division update causes

2. Fans Ramping up and System Lag after update to 22H2 recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans Ramping up and System Lag after update to 22H2 recently.: Hello, I just bought a brand new gaming PC a few weeks ago and it was running fine until sometime after the update to 22H2. I don't specifically know when maybe a day or two ago. Now some programs such as Firefox or even a basic screen saver will cause all the fans to ramp up...
  3. Fans Ramping up and System Lag after update to 22H2 recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fans Ramping up and System Lag after update to 22H2 recently.: Hello, I just bought a brand new gaming PC a few weeks ago and it was running fine until sometime after the update to 22H2. I don't specifically know when maybe a day or two ago. Now some programs such as Firefox or even a basic screen saver will cause all the fans to ramp up...
  4. Regsvr32 error - every time I launch Division 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regsvr32 error - every time I launch Division 2: Hey there!I had trouble with Regsvr in the past, and microsoft guys helped me fix it. Now I'm still having the error pop up every time I launch Division 2 - the ubisoft game. Can we make it go away?Thx...
  5. Regsvr32 error - every time I launch Division 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regsvr32 error - every time I launch Division 2: Hey there!I had trouble with Regsvr in the past, and microsoft guys helped me fix it. Now I'm still having the error pop up every time I launch Division 2 - the ubisoft game. Can we make it go away?Thx...
  6. DirectX 12 Crashes Games like The Division 2 & The Division

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 Crashes Games like The Division 2 & The Division: So i wanted to use DirectX 12 to increase performance on curtain games like The Division 1 & The Division 2 but, the API causes game crashes to occur on my machine. How do i fix these game crashes because im forced to use DX11 until either windows posts a fix because i don't...
  7. Tom Clancy Division 2 Live Kernel Crash

Tom Clancy Division 2 Live Kernel Crash: Hello, I'd like to request some insight on an event log. I'm playing a game called Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and it keeps freezing and then 2-3 seconds later it will CTD, and this is what I've found in the event log: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name:...
  8. Finished playing the division 2 then random bsod

Finished playing the division 2 then random bsod: I play games most days and browse ect , just regular stuff.. But yesterday I played The division 2 for the first time in a while, the second I exited the game my comp blue screened... Thanks 135882
  9. The Division

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Division: Anyone trying the bata of the Division? Looks good. 37795
  10. Fractions and division signs

in Windows 10 Support
    Fractions and division signs: Where in Windows 10 can be found the fraction signs and divisison etc? 72815

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the division 2 LiveKernelEvent