Windows 10: The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows

Discus and support The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] USB drives were used for stored small files, perhaps music and videos too. The usual size was 2GB or 4GB. With time, they have advanced quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 15, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows

WinClub, Nov 15, 2018
  2. fizgog Win User

Error: "Drive is not a valid backup location" while trying to create a backup on Windows 10

trying to backup windows 10 on to a 32gb flash drive

Drive is not a valid backup location

pleas HEIL

Original title: windoes 10

fizgog, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Error: "Drive is not a valid backup location" while trying to create a backup on Windows 10

Hello,

I understand that you are facing issues with creating a back up on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you able to access and detect the drive on your system?

This might be an issues with the external drive.

Let us try few of the below workarounds and check if it help you to create a back up.

I suggest you to remove the external flash drive, restart the computer, reconnect the drive. Try to initiate the backup process and check if the drive is detected on your system.

NOTE: You will have to turn off the Backup and eject the drive safely.

If the drive is not detected, try to connect the drive to different ports on your system. This will let us know if the issue is with the ports for not being detect the drive.

If the issue still persist, I recommend you to format the external drive, re-try to create a backup and check if it helps.

Note: You will have to take a backup of contents in the external drive before formatting.

For more information about creating backup refer to:Set up a drive for File History

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Update us the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2018
  4. The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows

usb flash drive not a valid backup location for system image for Windows 10

Hi

I am trying to take an image Backup using a USB- Cruzer Blade but it says me
    "usb flash drive not a valid backup location for system image"

How should I take an system image in a n USB??

jignesh r karakasia, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows

1. The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows - Similar Threads - drive valid backup

2. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup: Hi, I'm using the default windows backup. I want to have 1 folder backup to a specific location on my network drive. I was able to set the specific folder to backup, but I'm unable to set a specific location for the backup, for now it only let me backup to the root folder of...
  3. How to validate Windows System Backup Image

in Windows 10 News
    How to validate Windows System Backup Image: [ATTACH]As a necessary recovery option, during or after you create a system image of your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, we recommend you validate the system backup image, which ensures you can successfully restore Windows from it – because if the data on the image or the...
  4. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  5. usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location "

usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location ": trying to create sys image for new win10, attempt to write to a 64 gb ntfs formatted flash drive formatted with diskpart and rufus, same error "not a valid backup location this seems to be an ongoing problem based on all the comments. what is the resolution? does MS...
  6. I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...: I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-backup-the-image-on-a-flash-drive-i-get/049adb15-5397-48e6-9134-f92276c4f054
  7. Changing location of backup drive

Changing location of backup drive: I want to change the location of my backup drive. How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-location-of-backup-drive/e5de0fde-4bed-4267-94ac-d25fb3c6c153
  8. How to validate system image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to validate system image backup: A couple days ago I took a system image backup of Windows 10 to a 3TB drive - something unsupported in Windows 7 because of the 4k segment size. At least I think I took a backup - it did something for a long time. But I just looked at it and Windows says it's 0 bytes long. Is...
  9. Backup validation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup validation: When an image backup is created with W10, does it validates the backup to ensure it has been created faultless? Backup systems such as Acronis True Image has a validation function. 12003
  10. USB Backup drive location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp windows 10 the drive is not a valid backup location