Windows 10: The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is...

Discus and support The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The error message I am getting is in the title. This is a shortcut everyone in our office has been using for a very long time. The problem shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mwcogburn, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Mwcogburn Win User

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is...

The error message I am getting is in the title. This is a shortcut everyone in our office has been using for a very long time. The problem shortcut is a drive location on a network.

Whenever i try to access the drive I get this error message and i am locked out of the drive. This shared folder is accessible by every other PC in our office except mine. I even tried to map the shared folder and couldn't. I can ping it so I know my network is at least connected. What could be causing the problem? Any ideas would be helpful.

Windows 10 PC trying to connect to a Windows Server 2008 R2 shortcut destination.

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is... 9fafd5b1-f07e-4684-90d4-1ccfa5f65e22?upload=true.png

:)

Mwcogburn, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Anusha Verma, Jan 9, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Flash Drive - "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk" refers to is unavailable.

OK, it is as I thought, you copied over shortcuts to these items rather than the actual items to the flash drive.

Anything with a small arrow in the corner is a shortcut not the original item, hence the error message you are getting
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk' refers to is unavailable", as can be seen from the screen capture, this is a shortcut, not the actual folder . . .

From your screenshot, the items marked below are shortcuts to the original folder or file, not the actual folder or file!

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is... cc64842c-ec1d-4199-9bd4-3bfbe89f4b87.jpg

DaveM121, Jan 9, 2019
  4. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is...

Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is...

1. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is... - Similar Threads - drive network connection

2. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...: Please solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drive-or-network-connection-that-the-shortcut/0abff9e8-8047-4366-97bb-d42ea9727f41
  3. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...: Please solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drive-or-network-connection-that-the-shortcut/0abff9e8-8047-4366-97bb-d42ea9727f41
  4. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...: It's been going on for quite some days now that this problem persists: my D drive disappears somehow at random times, for instance, after I exit a game and then restart, it shows the above message. Any file that I try to open after a while it shows like this. My laptop is...
  5. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...: It's been going on for quite some days now that this problem persists: my D drive disappears somehow at random times, for instance, after I exit a game and then restart, it shows the above message. Any file that I try to open after a while it shows like this. My laptop is...
  6. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

7. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable: I have a user who cannot access one folder's contents on a shared drive. They can access anything else with the exception of this one folder's contents. I checked the permissions for the folder and it is open to all domain users. I am able to access the folder and files...
  8. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable: I have a user who cannot access one folder's contents on a shared drive. They can access anything else with the exception of this one folder's contents. I checked the permissions for the folder and it is open to all domain users. I am able to access the folder and files...
  9. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

10. The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. I updated windows and now I get this "Problem with shortcut" error whenever I try to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the drive or network connection shortcut

2. the drive or network connection that shortcut

3. the drive or network connection that the shortcut

4. the drive or network connection that the shortcut sharepoint,
  5. the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  6. the drive or the ntwork connection that the shortcut refers to is unavavlabile,
  7. the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to,
  8. drive or network connection that the shortcut,
  9. The drive or network connection that the shortcut Document Locations.lnk refers to is unavailable.,
  10. the drive or network shortcut,
  11. how to fox the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable,
  12. the drive or network that xxamp ink does not exist,
  13. the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable onedrive error,
  14. the drive or network connection that the shortcut *.ink refers to is unavailable.,
  15. after windows 10 update network shortcut the drive network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable