Windows 10: The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make...

Discus and support The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I rebooted my computer after using Avast to clean some files and noticed my D: Drive had vanished off my computer. It's an internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomaspearman, Sep 11, 2018.

1. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make...

Hello, yesterday I rebooted my computer after using Avast to clean some files and noticed my D: Drive had vanished off my computer. It's an internal hard drive and was already built in when I got my laptop about 3 months ago. And all of the software and files are gone when the Drive doesn't show up. Trying to click on an icon that is stored on the drive gives me this error message: The drive or
    network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again.

I have tried troubleshooting with hardware and devices and but it doesn't always work. When it does work I reboot and my drive and files are back but it's only a temporary fix as it doesn't last long and then when I try the trouble shooter again it says that it wasn't able to identify the issue.

My laptop is an Inspiron 5577.

Memory : 8 GB

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz[Cores 4] [Logical/Core 2]

Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 Home if this helps.

:)

Thomaspearman, Sep 11, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Flash Drive - "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk" refers to is unavailable.

OK, it is as I thought, you copied over shortcuts to these items rather than the actual items to the flash drive.

Anything with a small arrow in the corner is a shortcut not the original item, hence the error message you are getting
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk' refers to is unavailable", as can be seen from the screen capture, this is a shortcut, not the actual folder . . .

From your screenshot, the items marked below are shortcuts to the original folder or file, not the actual folder or file!

The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make... cc64842c-ec1d-4199-9bd4-3bfbe89f4b87.jpg

DaveM121, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Flash Drive - "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk" refers to is unavailable.

Hi Megan,

There is a tool that troubleshoots Universal Serial Bus (USB) not being detected in Windows. You can visit this
    link to download the Windows USB Troubleshooter. After downloading, run it to start the diagnostics.

The error "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again." pertains
    to the shortcut folder from your USB that cannot be detected. Once you have done repairing and troubleshooting, you can now access this shortcut to open the "Camera" folder directory in your USB.

Let us know if this tool resolves your concern.

Johann Eva, Sep 11, 2018
  4. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make...

Flash Drive - "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk" refers to is unavailable.

I have a dell inspiron laptop. The hard drive recently failed so I had to get it replaced. I backed up all of my files onto a flash drive. I had a folder with all of my videos in it that I edited that were ready for me to upload to YouTube. Anytime I opened
    the folder on the flash drive before I got my hard drive replaced, it would open fine. But now that I have my fixed laptop, which is basically brand new, and I'm trying to put that folder onto the new laptop, it is giving me this message:

"The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again."

I had so many videos on there that I spent so much time making that I won't be able to remake so if anyone knows how I can recover this file, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Original title/subject: [
    Flash Drive]

MeganSweeney, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make...

1. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make... - Similar Threads - drive network connection

2. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was having all the files in Windows 10 pro and it got crashed due to some problem. So I had to format it and I did. But I copied the datas in USB so that I can use. And now I'm using Windows 11 Enterprise. I inserted the USB and tried to open the files which is shortuct...
  3. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was having all the files in Windows 10 pro and it got crashed due to some problem. So I had to format it and I did. But I copied the datas in USB so that I can use. And now I'm using Windows 11 Enterprise. I inserted the USB and tried to open the files which is shortuct...
  4. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...: Please solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drive-or-network-connection-that-the-shortcut/0abff9e8-8047-4366-97bb-d42ea9727f41
  5. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...: It's been going on for quite some days now that this problem persists: my D drive disappears somehow at random times, for instance, after I exit a game and then restart, it shows the above message. Any file that I try to open after a while it shows like this. My laptop is...
  6. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...: It's been going on for quite some days now that this problem persists: my D drive disappears somehow at random times, for instance, after I exit a game and then restart, it shows the above message. Any file that I try to open after a while it shows like this. My laptop is...
  7. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable: I have a user who cannot access one folder's contents on a shared drive. They can access anything else with the exception of this one folder's contents. I checked the permissions for the folder and it is open to all domain users. I am able to access the folder and files...
  9. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

"The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was working on a project in FireAlpaca64.exe and randomly the program closed, and upon reopening it Im getting this error. From the looks of other posts on this forum my Computer locked me out of my C: Drive. I tried following the replies to those post but the solutions...
  10. The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. I updated windows and now I get this "Problem with shortcut" error whenever I try to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the drive or network connection unavailable

2. the drive or network connection that the shortcut

3. the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable

4. the drive or network connection that the shortcut steam.ink refers to is unavailable,
  5. the drive or the network connection that the shortcut x lnk refers to is unavailable,
  6. the drive or network connection,
  7. drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable,
  8. problem with shortcut windoes the drive or network connection refers to is unavailable,
  9. drive or network connection unavailable,
  10. the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable steam,
  11. the network infrastructure refers to is unavailable,
  12. network unavilebel ,
  13. the drive or network connection that the shortcut .lnk refers to is unavailable.,
  14. the drive or network connection that shortcut,
  15. the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable outlook