Windows 10: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.

Discus and support The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by McFloobenHoober, Jan 16, 2019.

1. The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.

The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again.

I updated windows and now I get this "Problem with shortcut" error whenever I try to open certain shortcuts.

Then I noticed that in File Explorer my H:\ drive has a blue question mark next to it. So I went over to Disk Management and it told me I have to initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager can access it. My C:\ drive is there but not my H:\ drive. C is my SSD and has Windows 10 OS on it whereas the majority of my files are on my H:\ hard drive.

Whenever I try to initialize the "Disk 1" with GPT it tells me that the disk is not big enough and if I try MBR it says it cannot find the file specified.

:)

McFloobenHoober, Jan 16, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Flash Drive - "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk" refers to is unavailable.

OK, it is as I thought, you copied over shortcuts to these items rather than the actual items to the flash drive.

Anything with a small arrow in the corner is a shortcut not the original item, hence the error message you are getting
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk' refers to is unavailable", as can be seen from the screen capture, this is a shortcut, not the actual folder . . .

From your screenshot, the items marked below are shortcuts to the original folder or file, not the actual folder or file!

The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. cc64842c-ec1d-4199-9bd4-3bfbe89f4b87.jpg

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Flash Drive - "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk" refers to is unavailable.

Hi Megan,

There is a tool that troubleshoots Universal Serial Bus (USB) not being detected in Windows. You can visit this
    link to download the Windows USB Troubleshooter. After downloading, run it to start the diagnostics.

The error "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Camera.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again." pertains
    to the shortcut folder from your USB that cannot be detected. Once you have done repairing and troubleshooting, you can now access this shortcut to open the "Camera" folder directory in your USB.

Let us know if this tool resolves your concern.

Johann Eva, Jan 16, 2019
  4. brnn69 Win User

The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.

The drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable

I have the following recurring issue

“The drive or network connection that the shortcut "1Newdownloads.ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure the disk is properly inserted or network resource is available and try again”

The ‘network’ device where this folder is stored is a ‘WD My Cloud’ what makes this error more frustrating is that it appears to be completely random and effects other network devices that I normally access via 'File Explorer' and it occurs at the
    most inconvenient time when trying to access folders stored centrally on the WD My Cloud!

My home network includes 5 computers (2 x W8.1, 2 x W10, 1 x Mac OS X 10.13.6) as well as a Printer, WDTV & the WD My Cloud and a few other Misc. devices like TV’s etc. (All wired / connections via and main router and 2 switches)

The connectivity issues occurs when using my “go to” W8.1 PC there is an unknown to me event occurring; I am a tad technically challenged! I suspect it could relate to changes being made to my network devices IP addresses! I have compared a Belarc
    Advisor report run in June 2018 with one run 27 Aug 2018 (yesterday) and noted all the network devices IP Addresses have changed is it possible this could this be causing the issue with the network devices not being shown in 'File Explorer and the ‘shortcuts’
    failing?

I can still access the WD My Cloud via the WD My Cloud desktop icon which opens the ‘portal’ but not via ‘File Explorer’ which I need to be accessible to save, and maintain the files and folders stored on the My Cloud.

My W8.1 computer was last updated 17 Aug with the latest updates for 8.1 and this issue was not apparent until 25 August 2018 the only other activity would have been Internet Security updates (Bit Defender).

I am looking for assistance / advice on possible causal factors and how to correct and prevent this issue from recurring please.

Regards

brnn69, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.

1. The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. - Similar Threads - drive network connection

2. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was having all the files in Windows 10 pro and it got crashed due to some problem. So I had to format it and I did. But I copied the datas in USB so that I can use. And now I'm using Windows 11 Enterprise. I inserted the USB and tried to open the files which is shortuct...
  3. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was having all the files in Windows 10 pro and it got crashed due to some problem. So I had to format it and I did. But I copied the datas in USB so that I can use. And now I'm using Windows 11 Enterprise. I inserted the USB and tried to open the files which is shortuct...
  4. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...: Please solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drive-or-network-connection-that-the-shortcut/0abff9e8-8047-4366-97bb-d42ea9727f41
  5. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...: Please solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drive-or-network-connection-that-the-shortcut/0abff9e8-8047-4366-97bb-d42ea9727f41
  6. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable: I have a user who cannot access one folder's contents on a shared drive. They can access anything else with the exception of this one folder's contents. I checked the permissions for the folder and it is open to all domain users. I am able to access the folder and files...
  7. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable: I have a user who cannot access one folder's contents on a shared drive. They can access anything else with the exception of this one folder's contents. I checked the permissions for the folder and it is open to all domain users. I am able to access the folder and files...
  8. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

9. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was working on a project in FireAlpaca64.exe and randomly the program closed, and upon reopening it Im getting this error. From the looks of other posts on this forum my Computer locked me out of my C: Drive. I tried following the replies to those post but the solutions...
  10. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make...: Hello, yesterday I rebooted my computer after using Avast to clean some files and noticed my D: Drive had vanished off my computer. It's an internal hard drive and was already built in when I got my laptop about 3 months ago. And all of the software and files are gone when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the drive or network connection unavailable

2. the driver or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable

3. the drive or network connection that the shortcut

4. The drive or network connection that the shortcut Quantum. exe - Shortcut. Ink refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again.,
  5. drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable,
  6. hiq the drive or network connection that the short refers to is unavailable,
  7. the drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  8. when i am opening my d drive content its showing drive or network connection that the shortcut refers is unavailable,
  9. the drive or network connection that shortcut,
  10. make sure that the disk is properly inserted or network resource is avalible,
  11. the drive or network shortcut,
  12. my home cloud wd refers unavailable shortcut,
  13. shortcut Copy.Ink refers to is unavailable,
  14. unavailable network resource problem,
  15. The drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again