Windows 10: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

Discus and support The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm been having issues a looong time with different sorts of BSOD's but I've been able to cook it down to this last one after replacing both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Frostflake, Nov 25, 2015.

1. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

Hi,

I'm been having issues a looong time with different sorts of BSOD's but I've been able to cook it down to this last one after replacing both graphics card and Logitech headset.

Latest error which occuring at least once per day:
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{01539fd4-4f12-11e4-824c-806e6f6e6963}#00000000007E0000.

This happens very random and I'm really lost here.

Thanks! / Micke

:)

Frostflake, Nov 25, 2015

2. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\ACPI0008\5&15d725f4&0.

I have a Samsung Ativ Book 8 (NP880Z5E-X01UB)

I did several clean installs and all windows update.

Also Samsung Update drivers have been installed and are all up to date.

If my computer goes to sleep, or I close the lid and open it back up it crashes.

I'm seeing the following in event viewer.

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\ACPI0008\5&15d725f4&0.

Can anyone help

Curtis D Guider, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Uninstall and reinstall USB Controllers from Device manager.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if this helps.

a) Press Windows key + X, select device manager.

b) Expand USB Controllers.

c) Right click on the USB Drivers and select uninstall.

Now perform a system restart.

a) Now open device manager.

b) Click on
    Scan for hardware changes.

c) And follow the installation wizard to install the drivers for the USB hard drive.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you

Jessen P, Nov 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

Hi Frostflake,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please uninstall Avast and use Windows Defender as alternative.
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys ffffd000`22a74e98 fffff801`8ed3493cUnable to load image aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys aswSnx+0x5493c[/quote]

5. Oh wow! Simple as that, eh? I had a hunch it was Avast but I wasn't sure.
    A bunch of thanks!
    If it was that quick for you to figure out I really gotta learn that magic and where to search in the loggs! *Biggrin

You, dear forum, has earned yourself a devotee.

/Micke

Frostflake, Nov 26, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I suggest to start with the setup of Windbg, the program we use.
    WinDBG - Install Configure - Windows 10 Forums

Not to discourage but I'll tell you, I spent my whole summer vacation in this including a few months before the summer vacation. With the great amount of difference with each bluescreen I think I'm at 0.00001% currently.
    This is not something you can easy learn, it takes a lot of time, dedication, persistence. There possibly are many other things that this requires. Fortunately one can learn this whenever he/she likes *Smile

7. Hi again.
    Same problem again and BSOD:ing. Uninstalling Avast didn't fix the problem it seems.
    Uploading the new logg.

Cheers!
    /Micke

Frostflake, Nov 27, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Re the problem with the error message, it's created because Windows tries to sync media files to a device that's no longer available.
    Run services.msc and find Portable Device Enumerator Service, set the start up to disabled.

I'm pretty certain that's not what's causing the BSOD problem though.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 27, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    You're overclocking?
    If you are, revert back to stock while troubleshooting. With an unstable system overclocking could make things worse.
    Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz" MaxSpeed: 3400 CurrentSpeed: 3418[/quote] Please remove the following programs.
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUS Boot Setting Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUS Boot Setting Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\PC Diagnostics Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\PC Diagnostics Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\GIGABYTE OC_GURU II Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\GIGABYTE OC_GURU II[/quote] Gigabyte and ASUS software are known for causing bluescreens.

Please test your memory using MemTest86+

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote]

10. Hi again and thanks alot for taking your time.

I've checked about the overclock on the cpu and motherboard was on default but still running at 3418Mhz according to Memtest. So I guess that's ok then?
    Memtest been at it for 10 hours now, at pass 7 at the moment and no errors so far.

However...I noticed before uninstalling the software you recommended deleting, that I'd accidentaly made a slight overclock on my new graphics card which I put on default before Memtest. I really hope this solves it because these BSOD's make me go insane. *Wink

Be back later! /Micke

Frostflake, Nov 28, 2015
  11. Hi again,

I seem to experience 2 different errors at the moment where one of them make my computer freeze up, sometimes hearing sound but stuck with a black screen (GTX960-related?).

The other fault and BSOD comes as:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL so far.

My system sure could use a cup of newly brewed stability by now...
    (New logg included.)

Cheers! /Micke

Frostflake, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device - Similar Threads - driver DriverWudfRd failed

2. The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...: I get this error every time I start my HP pavilon gaming laptop and then the internal screen does not work while any display plugged into the hdmi port works fine....
  3. The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...: I get this error every time I start my HP pavilon gaming laptop and then the internal screen does not work while any display plugged into the hdmi port works fine....
  4. The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  6. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  7. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: This warning shows up in my System Log just after a reboot. Any ideas what is causing this? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 3/25/2021 11:38:40 AM Event ID: 219 Task Category: 212 Level: Warning Keywords:...
  9. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_046D&PID_0AAA&MI_03&Col02\7&26d7e364&0&0001. I keep getting this warning message in the event viewer on Windows 10 version 2004 I have a Logitech g pro x headset I have removed the driver also the logitech...
  10. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device: Full event error: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {C5A047D8-CB5B-40E9-B9E3-316AB06B5A18}\WirelessKeyboardFilter` Driver environment: Windows 10 x64 desktop I have a wireless Microsoft mouse I do not have a Microsoft wireless keyboard I have the...