Windows 10: The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48)

Discus and support The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]At some point, you may want to review the state of your hardware drivers installed on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC. In Device Manager, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 12, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48)

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48) The-driver-for-this-device-has-been-blocked-from-starting-Code-48.png
    At some point, you may want to review the state of your hardware drivers installed on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC. In Device Manager, when viewing a particular device driver’s properties, you may see the message The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48) in the Device status field. […]

This article The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 12, 2021

2. Unable to access RealTek PCIE card reader on Windows 10 with error: The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows, error code: 48

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing card reader, we will help you with this issue.

The error code 48 occurs due to outdated drivers on the current operating system.

Code 48: The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver.

I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the device, search for the latest drivers and install them.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated software from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the iTunes software and check.

For reference: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Intel HD Graphics 4000 device driver has been blocked from starting Code 48

Intel HD Graphics 4000 device driver has been blocked from starting

"Contact the hardware vendor for a new because it is known to have problems with
    Windows
    . (Code 48)"

driver version10.18.10.4338 This happed after Win 10 v1809 update, Build17763.194. Dell and Intel say it is a MS Windows problem

DonnerJack9, Sep 12, 2021
  4. The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48)

Unable to access RealTek PCIE card reader on Windows 10 with error: The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows, error code: 48

Before I received the reply I uninstalled the card reader from Device Manager and when I rebooted everything was working OK !!

Thanks for trying to help.

Pat

PatriciaKane, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48)

1. The driver for this device has been blocked from starting (Code 48) - Similar Threads - driver device has

2. Event ID 1060, This driver has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this...

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 1060, This driver has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this...: [IMG]If the Event ID 1060, This driver has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system error, keeps troubling you; then this post may help. This usually occurs when a user tries to install a driver that isn’t compatible with the system. This is because...
  3. This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from...: Recently, my computer has be flashing a UAC warning when attempting to access Windows Services mmc.exe. This is my personal computer and I am an administrator. I tried turning UAC all the way down but that didn't help. For reference, I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2....
  4. The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...: Hi, I've met a problem with my Realtek Network Ethernet interface. Windows blocks it from start with a reason: "The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. Code 48"...
  5. Error 1275: This driver has been blocked from loading.

Error 1275: This driver has been blocked from loading.: I am currently trying to start a mid 2000's game which requires the driver SecDRV.SYS to be running to check the disc is inserted to validate ownership, previously on Windows 7 the driver has worked fine I have not played the game Command & Conquer: Generals - Delux Edition...
  6. This App Has Been Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This App Has Been Blocked: I just installed windows 10 on an older laptop upgrade from 7. I am trying to install - install root 5.5 on my computer the install wizard opens but partially through the install I get a red window with the message "this app has been blocked for your protection an...
  7. Intel(R) HD Graphics driver 4400 blocked from starting after windows update - code 48

Intel(R) HD Graphics driver 4400 blocked from starting after windows update - code 48: Hi, My Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 driver forAcer Aspire E5-571 device has been blocked from starting by a recent Windows update because it is known to have problems with Windows and consequently my HDMI output no longer works. The error message in Device Manager says to...
  8. display driver ,code 48

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display driver ,code 48: my pc is running windows 10 ,version 1809 (oct.update 2018) intel hd 4000 display driver has problems, if i try to update its says windows has stopped installing this device cause it has problems with windows (code 48)...
  9. URGENT! - Code 48 blocked Intel HD Graphics Driver After Recent Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT! - Code 48 blocked Intel HD Graphics Driver After Recent Update: Hi, This has been an annoying issue since a month or two. Since the latest late updates of the Windows October Update my Intel HD Graphics Driver no longer works. Instead I have a code 48 that keeps blocking basic functionalities. I cannot open 3D editing programs without...
  10. Intel HD Graphics 4000 device driver has been blocked from starting Code 48

Intel HD Graphics 4000 device driver has been blocked from starting Code 48: Intel HD Graphics 4000 device driver has been blocked from starting "Contact the hardware vendor for a new because it is known to have problems with Windows. (Code 48)" driver version10.18.10.4338 This happed after Win 10 v1809 update, Build17763.194. Dell and Intel say...