Windows 10: The driver may be corrupt or missing (Code 39)

Discus and support The driver may be corrupt or missing (Code 39) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; USB port not working after Windows download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jumac1, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Jumac1 Win User

The driver may be corrupt or missing (Code 39)

USB port not working after Windows download

:)

Jumac1, Dec 5, 2018

2. (Code 39) Ethernet isn't working on Win10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with drivers on Device Manger, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that there are several causes of Code 39 errors:

• A required device driver is missing.
    • A required binary file is corrupted.
    • There is a problem with the file I/O process.
    • A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the driver on Device Manager as mentioned in the below support article and check if it helps:

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

(Refer to: Code 39)

Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 5, 2018
  4. mlh0654 Win User

Code 39 error on Windows 10

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.

At first it was a code 10 error but now it indicates code 39.

Is it possible to force a Windows 7 driver to a Windows 10 system?

This issue is related to a onboard Ethernet Controller (Intel 82579V)

Windows is not accepting the drivers from Intel or computer manufacturer (Lenovo)

mlh0654, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The driver may be corrupt or missing (Code 39) - Similar Threads - driver may corrupt

2. Keyboard drivers suddenly corrupted with code 39?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard drivers suddenly corrupted with code 39?: Hello; I've been recently experiencing an issue today in which after accidentally hibernating my computer, the keyboard drives seem to have become abruptly corrupted or deleted with an "Object Name not found" error. I've seen a similar discussion for this but that was for...
  3. Code 39 fix for Windows

Code 39 fix for Windows: Hello, I have been struggling with this issue for weeks now. The USB ports of my laptop, Windows 10 Home x64 version 1909 , suddenly decided that they would not recognize any device. They still charge. When I open the device manager, the only thing I see under "Universal...
  4. Code 39

in Windows 10 Customization
    Code 39: Hi, My Audio is not working, it says code 39 and so far everything I have tried hasn't helped. Thanks for any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-39/d0da6429-b38d-4e86-b51a-30e366d820a6
  5. Device driver code 39 on 2 computers

Device driver code 39 on 2 computers: Hello, Please help me, I'm loosing my mind here trying to get this device working again! It Worked well with no problems for years, worked well also after replacing my whole PC 7 months ago. Its a sound interface device and a week ago it just stopped working. Device...
  6. orrpcorrupt driver----code 39

orrpcorrupt driver----code 39: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orrpcorrupt-driver-code-39/7b4296ee-302f-49bb-bd98-7618c2c48261
  7. Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)

Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39): My USB is not working when I connected from Port USB and it is not detected for Window. Got error: "Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)" Thanks for helping me....
  8. Error code 39

Error code 39: Hello, so recently i was deleting some bad registry entries and folder from suspicious stuff which helped my pc greatly,but as i restarted the system and loged in i saw an error with my cpu (drivers). As i run numerous times the microsoft troubleshooters i saw that the error...
  9. ASUS DRW-24D3ST Driver Error Code 39

ASUS DRW-24D3ST Driver Error Code 39: Hello To The Microsoft community, I have seen its solution in many pages but what I adopted few minutes ago today really saved my neck otherwise I would have gone for replacing dvd drive. Processes I did(after failing all the general solutions)- took a full backup of...
  10. Code 39 Corrupted Driver Problem. Tried Everything.

Code 39 Corrupted Driver Problem. Tried Everything.: My mouse recently stopped working and giving me a code 39 error. I tried uninstalling and updating drivers and many other potential solutions. I even went so far as to just reinstall Windows and basically factory reset my computer after hours of trying to solve this issue....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)

2. asus disk drive drivers may be corrupt or missing