Windows 10: The Dumbest Feature Known to Man

Discus and support The Dumbest Feature Known to Man in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just updated Windows and now I'm trying to delete the "Old Windows" folder. Yet, here I am... With precious moments of my life literally passing away... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelCarter6, Jan 14, 2019.

1. The Dumbest Feature Known to Man

I just updated Windows and now I'm trying to delete the "Old Windows" folder. Yet, here I am... With precious moments of my life literally passing away never to return, being prevented from deleting it by this ridiculous permissions rule. Why in the world do I need to permission to delete a folder from my own computer? I understand the information about how to change this is available. The list is long and the process is time consuming. This is STUPID that I have to go through this process just to delete a folder from my own computer, because I, the very owner, the very builder of this machine, have not been granted "permission"... For crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

MichaelCarter6, Jan 14, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jan 14, 2019
  3. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 14, 2019
  4. The Dumbest Feature Known to Man

thebluebumblebee, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

The Dumbest Feature Known to Man

1. The Dumbest Feature Known to Man - Similar Threads - Dumbest Feature Known

2. How do I enable back the feature known as "Windows Spotlight"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable back the feature known as "Windows Spotlight"?: Short description in case it's no the right name: the cool lock screens showing places of the world, which you can give your opinion on.Since the day I had to modify my License Key which got voided suddenly without me knowing why, I haven't been able to re-enable the "Windows...
  3. How do I enable back the feature known as "Windows Spotlight"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable back the feature known as "Windows Spotlight"?: Short description in case it's no the right name: the cool lock screens showing places of the world, which you can give your opinion on.Since the day I had to modify my License Key which got voided suddenly without me knowing why, I haven't been able to re-enable the "Windows...
  4. No Multiplayer in No Man's Sky

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Multiplayer in No Man's Sky: Windows 11 Home, subscribed to Game Pass downloaded and played for a couple of hours, noticed that under discovery tab was not connected, also whengame starts up there is no choice for single player and multiplayer tried all the fixes from searches with no change, am logged...
  5. most dumbest feature to date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    most dumbest feature to date?: I copy a URL sent to me via email. I make a shortcut and I see thisWhy? Seriously what is this and why?So I make the shortcut and try to email it and you think that is bad? OMG the wrose thing you can do as a human being according to MS is to email someone a shortcut. It...
  6. most dumbest feature to date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    most dumbest feature to date?: I copy a URL sent to me via email. I make a shortcut and I see thisWhy? Seriously what is this and why?So I make the shortcut and try to email it and you think that is bad? OMG the wrose thing you can do as a human being according to MS is to email someone a shortcut. It...
  7. Google Pac-Man

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Pac-Man: Back in 2010, Google celebrated Pac-Man's 30th w/a playable doodle on the Google main page. Back then, I was able to download a local version to play; & I have from time to time w/o any problems. To play this local version correctly, sound needed to be enabled. A snippet...
  8. Known Issue Rollback (KIR) feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Known Issue Rollback (KIR) feature in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Known Issue Rollback (KIR), which is intended to keep your Windows 10 devices protected and productive. In this post, we look at how the KIR feature works in Windows 10 and how it applies to end-users (consumers) as well as in the...
  9. My headphones aren't working in the dumbest way

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphones aren't working in the dumbest way: My g33 pro headphones work but seperately. I can connect the left one or the right one but not both at least not at the same time. Before this my headphones would connect to each other as soon as I turned them on, but now I can't get them to pair with each other. I like them...
  10. No Mans Sky opinions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Mans Sky opinions: I just bought this on steam. What are others peoples thoughts on the game and how it runs. It's so intriguing I thought I'd take the plunge but it does seem to be getting a rough ride in the reviews. I only briefly booted it up so far and it looks good from the couple of...