Windows 10: the edge just got hijacked

Discus and support the edge just got hijacked in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i am using chrome right now but earlier i was working with edge and went to find something thru Bing and the next thing i know is that this blue... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by njnitehawk, Aug 30, 2015.

1. the edge just got hijacked

i am using chrome right now
    but earlier i was working with edge and went to find something thru Bing
    and the next thing i know is that this blue screen comes up saying to dial this 844#
    and prevent any further problems with ordering online or working on thru the internet

i ran Kaspersky it found nothing and ran Ad-Aware it found nothing

any help here would be very great

:)

njnitehawk, Aug 30, 2015
  2. 1peacie Win User

browser hijack - Yahoo Search - Web Search

Thanks, I typed Edge and got nothing.

Is there a cure for this hijack?

I am still working my end , wish me luck

1peacie, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 30, 2015
  4. torre Win User

the edge just got hijacked

torre, Aug 30, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    Antilope, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

the edge just got hijacked

1. the edge just got hijacked - Similar Threads - edge got hijacked

2. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  3. Edge Hijacking PDFs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Hijacking PDFs: Microsoft Edge hijacking pdf as default appears to have been a problem for some years now. Having Microsoft advise how to temporarily revert to the users preferred application is unacceptable.As I understand it, Microsoft Edge cannot be uninstalled and will continue to...
  4. Edge keeps hijacking PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge keeps hijacking PDF: Good day Support i have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing the registry and set Edge to NoOpen, that did not help, i updated my windows to latest version, still having the same issue, may you please provide me with a working solution?...
  5. Just Got Microsoft Edge Beta Channel

in Browsers and Email
    Just Got Microsoft Edge Beta Channel: [img] *Thumbs 145853
  6. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  7. Edge Browser hijack scam

Edge Browser hijack scam: Last night I got the scam where the Browser (Edge) is locked and a message pops up saying to call a number. There is a computerised voice telling me I have a problem. I can open Explorer ok and am using it to type this. I ran AV (Defender & MBAM) but nothing came up. I...
  8. MS edge hijacked today

MS edge hijacked today: Today edge was hijacked, message asks me to call number . I know this is a scam so tried to close edge, could not. So I closed with task manager, rebooted. When I opened edge message was still there. HELP, how do I get rid of it and fix my computer? 64658
  9. Edge hijacked by advert

in Browsers and Email
    Edge hijacked by advert: Looking through news on Sky, I had an advert for antiwrinkle cream appear and stop me shutting down Edge. I went to task manager and shut down Edge, that didn't work, so I restarted W10 and as soon as I opened the browser it was back, I then shut down Windows and on...
  10. Edge Hijacking?

Edge Hijacking?: Is this a highjacking? Did scans with Defender, Mbam, Adwcleaner and Hitman Pro, which none detected. Could not open Edge without it appearing. Finally solved with a backdated recovery. 22737