Windows 10: The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash

Discus and support The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, Adobe announced that Flash will no longer be supported after 2020. Microsoft will phase out support for Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash

Source: The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

See also: Flash The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe

:)

Brink, Jul 24, 2017

2. windows 10 update 1709 Adobe reader

Oh yea, as to Adobe Flash;

Availability of Adobe’s Flash browser plugin discontinued on Android

An Update on Flash Player and Android

The Adobe White page (read between the lines of the corporate sales pitch):

roadmap

And finally:

Adobe to pull plug on Flash, ending an era

The truth about Adobe Flash Player is that it is old technology that is far to vulnerable to security breaches, especially these days, and it is therefore become patch intensive and is no longer viably able to compete from a profitability stand point, it
    was Adobe's decision and no one else's, the mobile market just happened to be the first one down, this was by their choice, from a purely future profit projection estimate standpoint based on a cost, risk, reward modality of establishing the current corporate
    roadmap, of the time, at the time. The phase-out on all other platforms has already begun. Don't worry, Adobe as a corporation will most likely be just fine, they are actively pursuing development and innovation towards the present and future of "things".

Ah, but yet I digress, how's that personal PC repair coming along?

regards,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Jul 24, 2017
  3. MarieXIII Win User
    Windows 10 is driving the market to Apple

my 2 most frequently used applications, Adobe and Google Chrome no longer work. In this era when systems are supposed to be integrated, allowing/fostering communication, this is a step back into the ice age. Thanks Microsoft.

MarieXIII, Jul 24, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Good! Everyone will now switch to Silverlight! Oh wait thats dead too!!

swarfega, Jul 24, 2017
  5. PaulGo Win User
  6. OilerNut Win User
    Willing to bet that doesn't happen. There will be too much backlash from their Enterprise customers.

OilerNut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash - Similar Threads - End Era Next

2. Is This the End of the Windows 10 Era?

in Windows 10 News
    Is This the End of the Windows 10 Era?: The real-time analytics service Statcounter published its latest data on Operating Systems. In November 2022, Windows 10 usage fell below 70%, to be precise, 69.77%. That is, less than seven out of every ten computers connected to the Internet use it. Of course, this is...
  3. Next Step

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next Step: I had hoped that when I reached Klondike Level 500 I would be promoted form Gold to Diamond Grandmaster, but it didn't happen. What level do I have to reach before receiving that accolade?...
  4. End of Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of Adobe Flash Player: Now that Adobe Flash Player has ended I have tried to uninstall it following the instructions on this website. My version of Windows is: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎31/‎05/‎2020 OS build 19042.746 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  5. Request to clarification on Adobe Flash Player End of Support

Request to clarification on Adobe Flash Player End of Support: Hi Team, we noticed there's an update on adobe flash player end of support posted on https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/09/04/update-adobe-flash-end-support/. there're some points not clear for us, can you help to clarify? 1. what "disable" means in the below...
  6. Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support

in Windows 10 News
    Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support: In July 2017, Microsoft, along with Adobe and their industry technology partners, announced that Adobe Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. The decision to end support for Flash Player was made by Adobe due to the diminished usage of the technology...
  7. adobe flash

adobe flash: adobe flash will not let me download for microsoft edge. so i can play my games it say close chrome even when chrome not open fed up with you might just delete this browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/7c44733d-d983-46df-963e-9d932a0dc0e2
  8. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flash: If adobe flash is discontinued 2020, what can I use on royal games which depends on adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/e79071ab-a00b-40da-a659-09d9c7de804c
  9. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from???????????????????? 45869
  10. Welcome Adobe Animate CC, a new era for Flash Professional

in Windows 10 News
    Welcome Adobe Animate CC, a new era for Flash Professional: For nearly two decades, Flash Professional has been the standard for producing rich animations on the web. Because of the emergence of HTML5 and demand for animations that leverage web standards, we completely rewrote the tool over the past few years to incorporate native...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The End of an Era – Next Steps for Adobe Flash