Windows 10: The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty

Discus and support The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mic has static noise, so I wanted to enable "Noise suppression", but when I checked the enhancements in the mic settings it was empty. The same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Moh.Magdy, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Moh.Magdy Win User

The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty

My mic has static noise, so I wanted to enable "Noise suppression", but when I checked the enhancements in the mic settings it was empty. The same problem happened with all mics.

The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty 276ae61d-bd1f-4d42-b360-e42c4cc6c7f1?upload=true.png

I have tried updating my Audio drivers by downloading them from the ones corresponding to my Laptop on the HP website, but that does not seem to have solved the problem.

:)

Moh.Magdy, Jun 12, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Mic wont work

Hi,

We suggest you to disable auto enhancement in sound settings. To do that follow the steps below:

• Right click the speaker icon on Windows taskbar.
    • Click Recording devices.
    • Click Recording tab.
    • Right click Microphone.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Enhancements tab.
    • Tick the disable all enhancements box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 12, 2019
  4. The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty

1. The "Enhancements" in the Mic settings are empty - Similar Threads - Enhancements Mic settings

2. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  3. Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?: Hello everyone, hoping for some help of insights around this problem.I bought a budget Kogan USB condenser microphone with the intention of using my PC to increase it's quality.However, the enhancement tab for Mic output isn't there. I have it for speaker outputs however.I...
  4. Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?: Hello everyone, hoping for some help of insights around this problem.I bought a budget Kogan USB condenser microphone with the intention of using my PC to increase it's quality.However, the enhancement tab for Mic output isn't there. I have it for speaker outputs however.I...
  5. Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Microphone Enhancement tab is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Enhancement tab is empty: In the sound control panel for the microphone, the enhancement tab is there but is empty with only the disable all effects box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-enhancement-tab-is-empty/98f201f3-d141-4b6e-b7f4-cf894f852ce2
  7. Microphone Enhancement tab is empty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Enhancement tab is empty: In the sound control panel for the microphone, the enhancement tab is there but is empty with only the disable all effects box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-enhancement-tab-is-empty/98f201f3-d141-4b6e-b7f4-cf894f852ce2
  8. Microphone Enhancement tab is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. No audio/mic enhancement tab, pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio/mic enhancement tab, pls help: I cant get the background noise to dissipate and for some reason I have the enhancement tab on my headphones and that microphone, but not my Shure SM7B microphone. I have already uninstalled and everything of the sort for the realtek audio drivers and nothing works. Any help...
  10. How to enable ENHANCEMENTS for Mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable ENHANCEMENTS for Mic: I bought my son a FIFINE K668 mic for Christmas, but it doesn't give the ENHANCEMENTS tab to set things like noise reduction, boost, focus etc. IT uses the uPNP mic driver, which doesn't seem to have these options and there is no other driver available from the manufacturer....