Windows 10: the esc key is being held down i checked both the laptop keyboard and external keyboard,...

Discus and support the esc key is being held down i checked both the laptop keyboard and external keyboard,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Elvincao-9 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elvincao-9, Jan 25, 2020.

1. the esc key is being held down i checked both the laptop keyboard and external keyboard,...

/u/Elvincao-9, Jan 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Esc key issue

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this will help answer your question, I actually experience the same issue as before, and this is definitely a hardware issue, but to make sure to you have external mouse and keyboard (USB mouse and keyboard) what I highly suggest
    to check is to permanently disable the Touchpad and Keyboard of your PC and use the external by this we can check if there is a malfunction on the keyboard itself, moreover make sure that external is also working on boot up,

Once you have mouse and keyboard plugin

Try to disable the built-in keyboard:

Step 1. On Device manager> click on keyboard and look for your keyboard driver.

Step 2. Right click on the Keyboard Driver and select Update Driver Software> Browse my computer for driver software> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer> Uncheck show compatible hardware.

Step 3. select for any driver that is not compatible with your Keyboard then click next and restart the PC.

By that it should not work as it is not compatible driver.

Note: Make sure that external keyboard is working before doing this process.

Let me know how does it goes, and we have sets of troubleshooting steps here.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Jan 25, 2020
  4. the esc key is being held down i checked both the laptop keyboard and external keyboard,...

I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

the esc key is being held down i checked both the laptop keyboard and external keyboard,...

1. the esc key is being held down i checked both the laptop keyboard and external keyboard,... - Similar Threads - esc key being

2. Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down: My keyboard wont do ANYTHING. It’s on and connected I even switched the port a couple of times. I’ve noticed that when I hold at least 6 different keys my keyboard returns to proper function. I’ve been googling for answers for the last 2 hours to no avail. Any help would be...
  3. Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down: My keyboard wont do ANYTHING. It’s on and connected I even switched the port a couple of times. I’ve noticed that when I hold at least 6 different keys my keyboard returns to proper function. I’ve been googling for answers for the last 2 hours to no avail. Any help would be...
  4. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  5. Keyboard randomly acts as if a key that I only tapped for a second is being held down until...

Keyboard randomly acts as if a key that I only tapped for a second is being held down until...: NOT HARDWARE******Razer Blackwidow V3randomly while using the keyboard, any key I press will act as if it is being pressed continuously, and once I press that key again it will stop. For example, I will be playing a game and I will tap "S" for 1 second to move backward...
  6. Keyboard not recognizing it being held

Keyboard not recognizing it being held: Every time i hold a key on my keyboard, instead of it being held, its spamming the same key multiple times,which is quite annoying while playing a game, can someone help me with this?...
  7. Keys being held down not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys being held down not physically: This problem started last week, around when I got a new corded keyboard for my laptop. When I hold down a key, then let go, the computer continues to act like the key is pressed, until I press it again. it is not pressed physically It doesn't happen every time but it does...
  8. Arrow key being held down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow key being held down?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mordred0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsrrvl/arrow_key_being_held_down/
  9. Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down: Windows (1903) now thinks that a key is being held down, even when there's no keyboard connected. At first it was the "k" key, and now the "s" key. This has rendered this PC pretty much unusable, and reformatting isn't an option as this is my gaming PC with a crap ton of...
  10. Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard: I am having an issue where the left click on my mouse does not work while I hold down a key on my keyboard. I have looked through all the settings and cannot figure out a solution. 31889