Windows 10: The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling

Discus and support The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly, for no reason, Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility returns and gives a DNS error. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaryStrouse, Jun 8, 2019.

1. The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling

Suddenly, for no reason, Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet".

The network utility returns and gives a DNS error. I can ping by IP address, I can ping the router. I can not send a browser to the router's internal address for administration, much less to the Internet.

:)

GaryStrouse, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 8, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling

Ethernet Cable connection in Dorms

Press start
    Type in "network", and select "Network and Sharing Centre"
    Click on Change Adapter Settings at the left.
    Check if you have two, one ethernet and one wireles.
    If you only have one, wireless, your ethernet driver is not installed (refer to website of manufacturer for driver)
    If you have two, and the ethernet cable is plugged in but the adapter is not connected - buy a new cable.
    Check with university site management to see if they have purposefully disabled physical network connection.

RCoon, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling

1. The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling - Similar Threads - Ethernet cable connection

2. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  3. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  4. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet Cable connect but not detected

Ethernet Cable connect but not detected: So like a week ago my ethernet was working and it randomly just stopped, my windows does not detect it and it says the ethernet is "not plugged in". I have tried almost everything....
  6. Ethernet Cable connect but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable connect but not detected: So like a week ago my ethernet was working and it randomly just stopped, my windows does not detect it and it says the ethernet is "not plugged in". I have tried almost everything....
  7. Ethernet Cable connect but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  9. Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected

Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected: Hello Everyone, I hope you have hear this common issue of wireless being automatically disconnected as soon as the ethernet cable is connected. Can anyone help me in resolving the issue? I have already tried going into BIOS and checked the setting of the wireless. Both...
  10. New Ethernet Cabling, no connection

New Ethernet Cabling, no connection: Hi, I just had ethernet cabling done in my house from the router under the floorboards into my room which evidently doesn't work. Stupidly I didn't get the guy who did the job to check it and I don't want to call him out if it's just a software issue. He also installed a...