Windows 10: The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing

Discus and support The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! As a Windows Insider, I know a lot about Windows. But my problem is just confusing. So I'm using an Ethernet Cable for my everyday things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Insider Balázs, Aug 5, 2020.

1. The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing

Hi!

As a Windows Insider, I know a lot about Windows.

But my problem is just confusing.

So I'm using an Ethernet Cable for my everyday things Gaming, Browsing, etc.

One day I woke up and the Icon on the taskbar shows the No internet Icon. The thing is, that my Internet is still working fine.

I fixed the issue, so I had nothing to worry about. For about one computer restart.

I tried the fixes again, however, this time, it didn't work.

The fixes I tried:

-Scan with SFC and DISM

-Ipconfig and Netsh commands

-Registry fixes at the Networking

So I was left alone with my problems.

I thought.

Because after 1 or 2 hours, the problem just went away.

But after a computer restart or shutdown, the problems come back again.

My computer specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

16 GB Kingston ram

Radeon RX 570 8192GB MSI

Gigabyte AX370M-DS3H-CF AM4

931 GB WD HDD

223 GB Kingston SSD

Windows 10 Pro

Build 20H2 I'm not stupid, before the update, I was in 1909, and the problems were there too.

AV: Kaspersky Total Security

Ethernet settings:

-No proxy enabled.

-Didn't modify my DNS

-Not using VPN

:)

Insider Balázs, Aug 5, 2020

2. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Aug 5, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing

ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing

1. The Ethernet on my computer is just confusing - Similar Threads - Ethernet computer confusing

2. Ethernet 2 showing before it was just ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet 2 showing before it was just ethernet: When i connect my ethernet to my pc windows 10 it shows my wifi name and then 2 for ex - airtel_223 2 before my router change there was same ssid and ethernet also showing ethernet 2 but after router change it not showing ethernet it showing wifi name plzz anyone help me...
  3. Computer Name is confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Name is confusing: I'm using Windows 10 64bit ProfessionalTwo days ago, a chat rep from Microsoft accessed my computer, Quick Assist, to help me out with a problem. He was helping me with the "Remote Desktop connection. Not only did the fix not work, but I ended up with some peculiar results...
  4. Computer Name is confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Name is confusing: I'm using Windows 10 64bit ProfessionalTwo days ago, a chat rep from Microsoft accessed my computer, Quick Assist, to help me out with a problem. He was helping me with the "Remote Desktop connection. Not only did the fix not work, but I ended up with some peculiar results...
  5. Computer Name is confusing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. used computer, confused permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    used computer, confused permissions: To much of my dismay, I have found that the windows.old file was from the last person who had this computer. After having this problem and following these instructions...
  7. used computer, confused permissions

used computer, confused permissions: To much of my dismay, I have found that the windows.old file was from the last person who had this computer. After having this problem and following these instructions...
  8. used computer, confused permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Confused computer

Confused computer: Make a file ending in .pub open in Microsoft PUBLISHER, not to Adobe Acrobat that ends in .pdf. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/confused-computer/9358268e-f4b2-4f21-82bf-74435375823a
  10. Just Upgraded, Desktop confusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Just Upgraded, Desktop confusion: So when I upgraded initiall my desktop was replaced with a default Windows 10 background and some default apps. At first I freaked out thinking all my files were gone, but when I went to C:/Users/name/Desktop all my stuff was still there so I just dragged it out onto this...