Windows 10: the exclamation sign and the lock

Discus and support the exclamation sign and the lock in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i cant get this exclamation mark and pad lock off my drive C. i tried using bitlocker to do it, but was told path not found[ATTACH] i need help please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by astrodes, Apr 7, 2020.

1. astrodes Win User

the exclamation sign and the lock

i cant get this exclamation mark and pad lock off my drive C. i tried using bitlocker to do it, but was told path not found the exclamation sign and the lock 5790edc4-0bd5-42cf-bf72-cdd0403de4bd?upload=true.png

i need help please

:)

astrodes, Apr 7, 2020
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Apr 7, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 7, 2020
  4. the exclamation sign and the lock

Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

Hi,

It's possible that the option to show a background picture on your sign-in screen is disabled that's why
    Windows Spotlight is not showing there. To provide the best solution to the issue, we'd like to isolate it first by asking a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which Windows 10 version and build is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to enable the background picture on your sign-in screen:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
    • Enable the option under Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

the exclamation sign and the lock

1. the exclamation sign and the lock - Similar Threads - exclamation sign lock

2. YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YELLOW EXCLAMATION: hello.from.yesterday appears a YELLOW EXCLAMATION in win defender. I do not what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-exclamation/85b0ab30-0d84-46af-879c-8e4bd320168a
  3. YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YELLOW EXCLAMATION: hello.from.yesterday appears a YELLOW EXCLAMATION in win defender. I do not what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-exclamation/85b0ab30-0d84-46af-879c-8e4bd320168a
  4. Yellow exclamation sign in windows defender notification in windows 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yellow exclamation sign in windows defender notification in windows 11: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry about...
  5. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  6. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  7. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  8. Lock Screen Sign On

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  9. sign in lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sign in lock: how can i make my laptop lock only when it sleeps but not when the screen turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-lock/0e280eb7-7acb-4286-b736-e23bc29503a6"
  10. Lock & Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...