Windows 10: The F keys on the keyboard

Discus and support The F keys on the keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason, anytime I press the keys on the top of my laptop's computer, such as the volume or brightness buttons, it just goes straight to the F... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuccinctElk2957, Apr 23, 2019.

1. The F keys on the keyboard

For some reason, anytime I press the keys on the top of my laptop's computer, such as the volume or brightness buttons, it just goes straight to the F key's function, such as opening inspect. What can I do to fix this?

:)

SuccinctElk2957, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2019
  3. my keyboard f keys

Hi Tony,

Some keyboard's function keys require a certain combination to perform a certain function. If all Function keys don't work, then there's a possibility that the F keys are disabled. Try to look for the F-Lock key on your keyboard and then
    just press it to enable the function keys back.

For us to isolate the problem, try pressing the Fn key together with the designated function key for volume or brightness and see if it works. The Fn key is usually located at the bottom part of the keyboard near the space bar.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 28, 2019
  4. The F keys on the keyboard

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

The F keys on the keyboard

1. The F keys on the keyboard - Similar Threads - keys keyboard

2. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  3. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  4. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My keyboard did not hold keys all the way through

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard did not hold keys all the way through: so im going to explain a minor trouble that my keyboard has, the keyboard has normal keys that work normally as intended, everything goes well until one day all of a sudden my keys every of my keys suddenly only Hold the E key half-way through.it goes like this, i press the...
  6. My keyboard did not hold keys all the way through

My keyboard did not hold keys all the way through: so im going to explain a minor trouble that my keyboard has, the keyboard has normal keys that work normally as intended, everything goes well until one day all of a sudden my keys every of my keys suddenly only Hold the E key half-way through.it goes like this, i press the...
  7. My keyboard did not hold keys all the way through

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. problems with my keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with my keys on keyboard: There is a problem with my keys on my keyboard, maybe dirt accumulating there but i have tried cleaning it. my keys keep clicking a even thought i dont click it, also my fn, esc, caps lock, q and 1 key dont work or they type aj, k and l keys end with ai have tried restarting...
  9. problems with my keys on keyboard

problems with my keys on keyboard: There is a problem with my keys on my keyboard, maybe dirt accumulating there but i have tried cleaning it. my keys keep clicking a even thought i dont click it, also my fn, esc, caps lock, q and 1 key dont work or they type aj, k and l keys end with ai have tried restarting...
  10. Keyboard key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard key problem: Hello everyone, I've had a problem for months if I press the ò or @ key the PC doesn't take the command, while if I keep them pressed I can write them this happens ONLY on that keyboard key. all the others work normally. I also changed the keyboard I bought yesterday on amZon...