Windows 10: The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click

Discus and support The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of a sudden, My F11 key makes it so my mouse holds down click. So when I'm animating in my animation software, And I click F11 for a shortcut, It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kobi؜؜, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Kobi؜؜ Win User

The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click

All of a sudden, My F11 key makes it so my mouse holds down click. So when I'm animating in my animation software, And I click F11 for a shortcut, It just starts clicking on everything

Its like a click lock. Through the key F11.

How to heck do I turn it off?

:)

Kobi؜؜, Feb 25, 2021

2. F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 25, 2021
  3. ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 25, 2021
  4. The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click

Mouse Keys will not turn off

Hi Casey,

Thank you for a detailed description of your issue. Since you've already tried unchecking the option
    Use the numeric keypad to move the mouse and still getting the same result, I suggest that you also turn off the option
    Use mouse keys when NumLock is on. On the Change sign-in settings, select the
    Make the mouse easier to use > Select Set up Mouse Keys, then make sure to unchecked
    or turned off the following click Apply, then OK.

• Turn on Mouse Keys - Use the numeric keyboard to move the mouse the screen.
    • Use Mouse Keys when NUM LOCK is Off.

Once done, go back to the Change sign-in settings, then this time click the
    Make keyboard easier to use, then unchecked the
    Turn on Mouse Keys. Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, close your Control Panel page and check if Mouse Keys still enables automatically.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click

1. The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click - Similar Threads - F11 key click

2. Mouse and Click Lock option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Click Lock option: Ever since Microsoft introduced the click lock feature in a recent update, I have been experiencing issues with my mouse. I believe this is a known issue because I have read many complaints online about it and followed discussions on various boards. At first I thought it was...
  3. Win10 not recognizing mouse until I click it

Win10 not recognizing mouse until I click it: I recently upgraded to Win10 Home x64. Everything is working great, but when I boot up the desktop my mouse will not load until I click on it. When I click on it I get the "ding" like when you plug in a new thumb drive or other USB device. Why would it not load the mouse? The...
  4. Mouse clicking not responding until ctrl alt delete

Mouse clicking not responding until ctrl alt delete: I have this issue where my mouse clicking isnt working until i ctrl alt delete just to open a another tab. I tried uninstalling my mouse drivers and other drivers with no luck. I have also tried other solutions and it still doesn't work for me. Clear File explorer history...
  5. click lock

in Windows 10 Support
    click lock: What is the secret to turning off click lock?? I’ve tried unchecking the box and rebootingbut it keeps coming back. Is there a wayto permantly turn it off? WINDOWS 10 154691
  6. Keys and mouse clicking by themselves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keys and mouse clicking by themselves: when i play my pc its normal until like 30 minutes later and the keys on my keyboard keep pressing on themselves. what should i do? note: i have a razor keyboard if that helps at all submitted by /u/BoJerim [link] [comments]...
  7. Mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse clicks: Hello, I noticed that when you go to a button to click on it, the computer doesnt register your click until you release the mouse button, as opposed to simply depressing it. I would like to change that, so that it registers the input when the mouse button is depressed as...
  8. Screen goes white blank, until I click mouse

Screen goes white blank, until I click mouse: Hi I did a clean install on windows 10, and updated my graphics driver (as I guessed this might help), yet I'm still getting at infrequent times, a blank white screen. Although the PC is running, (e.g. I can hear video still playing) all I need to do is click my mouse and the...
  9. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  10. lock up on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    lock up on mouse clicks: after upgrading to win 10 from win 7 HP the screen locks up for (approx 4 seconds) after every mouse click. i have just reinstalled win 7 and evrything is fine again should i re-download? and can i make a bootable ISO from the ESD file to do a clean install??. regards...