Windows 10: The 'Famous' Black Screen

Discus and support The 'Famous' Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, for some reason my desktop is going to black. a. It is custom-built. b. It boots, starts up Windows 10, sometimes brings up the log-in screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SenthilRatnasabapathy, Dec 8, 2018.

1. The 'Famous' Black Screen

So, for some reason my desktop is going to black.

a. It is custom-built.

b. It boots, starts up Windows 10, sometimes brings up the log-in screen and then a second later it turns to black. Sometimes there is no log-in screen; just black.

I have tried the following:

1. Enter BIOS while starting. No reaction.

2. Alt+Control+Del: mostly no action; if there is, it goes to (b)

3. Tried the three-times-start system. No reaction.

4. Tried to start with Windows 8.1 DVD; the DVD player works but that's it.

5. Disconnected SSD drive and booted with DVD. No reaction.

6. I have an old SSD drive with Windows 10 and started with that. No reaction.

7. Tried to make a bootable USB Windows 10 disk. I tried the various ways but everytime it says there was an error creating the bootable USB.

Oh, yes, I also tried to use a different keyboard. No difference.

What could be the issue here?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

:)

SenthilRatnasabapathy, Dec 8, 2018

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

The 'Famous' Black Screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

The 'Famous' Black Screen

1. The 'Famous' Black Screen - Similar Threads - 'Famous' Black Screen

2. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  3. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  4. Hi, my problem is the famous Windows blue screen, the stop code is: 0xc00002e3.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my problem is the famous Windows blue screen, the stop code is: 0xc00002e3.: Hi, my problem is the famous Windows blue screen, the stop code is: 0xc00002e3 and it practically repeats itself in a loop, i.e. I turn on the computer, the blue screen appears and it restarts endlessly I have no idea how to fix it, it seems like an even rare problem since I...
  5. Hi, my problem is the famous Windows blue screen, the stop code is: 0xc00002e3.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my problem is the famous Windows blue screen, the stop code is: 0xc00002e3.: Hi, my problem is the famous Windows blue screen, the stop code is: 0xc00002e3 and it practically repeats itself in a loop, i.e. I turn on the computer, the blue screen appears and it restarts endlessly I have no idea how to fix it, it seems like an even rare problem since I...
  6. Hi, my problem is the famous Windows blue screen, the stop code is: 0xc00002e3.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. My screen goes black, white, green, light blue not the famous death screen, red, and much...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen goes black, white, green, light blue not the famous death screen, red, and much...: I've been facing this problem recently, tried nearly every solution there is on the internet reinstalled drives, windows multiple times, I don't know if It's a hardware issue but I've tried sending it to some people to check the hardware and they said it was "fine", don't...
  8. I am getting the famous BSOD

I am getting the famous BSOD: I am getting a BSOD with the error code: DPC Watchdog Violation whenever I am playing a specific game Phasmophobia. I do not have a single clue of what might be causing this. I have tried rolling back the sata ahci controller driver but that did not fix it....
  9. Famous vintage style microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Famous vintage style microphone: Just noticing the funky nice icon for Voice recorder [ATTACH] Insider builds have cool one for Settings that will be in 20H2 next month maybe ‍. [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  10. Black Screen

Black Screen: I am getting the black screen after I log on to my user account admin account as well. I have researched the various solutions to this to no avail. I also get to the black screen on safe mode both with/without networking. I have tried all the recovery solutions in the...