Windows 10: the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install...

Discus and support the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello When I want to open an app, on my taskbar, I get an error message "the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenjaminBroen, Aug 8, 2019.

1. the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install...

Hello

When I want to open an app, on my taskbar, I get an error message "the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app".

It's pretty annoying, anyone got any idea what the issue might be?

~Benjamin

:)

BenjaminBroen, Aug 8, 2019

2. When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 8, 2019
  3. jalea148 Win User
    there is no email program associated to perform the requested action

I'm sure what you mean re User Accounts what is listed under Mail. There were no mail references. Same with Set defaults by app.
    the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install... [​IMG]

jalea148, Aug 8, 2019
  4. the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install...

this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the default apps settings page

"this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the default apps settings page."

Hi the above message appears when I attempt to open a certain page on a poker site that's been downloaded to my desktop for a few years now. The site are always doing updates and think this is the source of the issue. I am not computer savvy so feel ill
    equipped solving the problem manually as shown on yt vid. Anyone that could suggest a trusted site or microsoft download that could fix this automatically. with thanks

pauljewitt, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install...

1. the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install... - Similar Threads - file does app

2. There is no email associated to perform the requested action

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is no email associated to perform the requested action: I need help please. I have upgraded to Windows 10 and following setup and program installs, I keep getting a very annoying pop up telling me that" There is no email associated to perform the requested action" I have installed Thunderbird and have methodically used the...
  3. ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated"

ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated": I right click desktop and choose 'DisplaySettings' and get this error [ATTACH] I am able to access Display Settings by opening Settings. Just can't right click desk top. right clicking desktop is more convenient. Can you please help me associate the correct application...
  4. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: How to fix below errror: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. Screenshot of error: [ATTACH] PC Info: Microsoft...
  5. this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please...: "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the default apps settings page." Hi the above message appears when I attempt to open a certain page on a poker...
  6. Windows App won't install, says "this file does not have a program associated with it for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows App won't install, says "this file does not have a program associated with it for...: There's other threads on this error, but none deal with the installing of an app from the store. I click the blue 'Get' button to install the app (a simple game app) and it pops the error. I cannot see what file it is trying to open, so I cannot see what associations are...
  7. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...: I am getting this message omn Windows 10. Is there a spercific resolution? I see hundreds of guesses but not one actual answer. How could that be? Thank you in advance for a specific answer. Robert Lorbeer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** This file does...
  8. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action, please install an...

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action, please install an...: Before you ask, I have done everything. I have gone to regedit and deleted "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\MAIL\MICROSOFT OUTLOOK". I changed my mail path, I have changed the mail in cortana, But STILL. THE. SAME. THING. This pops up every hour or so and have had it...
  9. This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please...

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please...: New computer. Win 10 pro. I have installed just a few apps so far. Clicking on a word document, powerpoint document or adobe file gives the message below. I have Office365 installed and licensed. Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017 installed and licensed. Help! This file does...
  10. there is no email program associated to perform the requested action

in Browsers and Email
    there is no email program associated to perform the requested action: Here's a screenshot of the error: [img] I get this popup every few minutes, unless I just leave it up permanently. I've been googling for a solution for a couple hours now, and have tried almost everything I've found with no luck. I've completely uninstalled outlook,...