Windows 10: The file name error

Discus and support The file name error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Prasath Vijayakumar, Nov 24, 2022.

1. The file name error

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some of the folders inside the main folder have been renamed to.I get this message when I try to open one of those folders.This is what it says when I hover over the main folder with my mouse. Mind you, the USB these 2 folders are on totals 16gb of storage, which is much smaller than 89.9 gb.If anyone could give me some help w

:)

Prasath Vijayakumar, Nov 24, 2022
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Nov 24, 2022
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Nov 24, 2022
  4. slozomby Win User

The file name error

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

The file name error

1. The file name error - Similar Threads - file name error

2. File name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File name: How do i turn off stuff that have my personal name in it Like it goes johnt/files i was wondering how to not show johnt because i dont want people finding out my name if im showing my screen to peope....
  3. The file name error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The file name error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some...
  4. The file name error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The file name error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some...
  5. Naming a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Naming a file: Hello Microsoft,Why aren't we allowed to include symbols like colon, greater, less than or slash in a file name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/naming-a-file/c1d32dc9-bea3-44c1-9ee0-bf4dba883667
  6. File named \

File named \: So i was going through mcafee fire wall already posted this question on mcafee and noticed i have two of these files named \. I am curious what this is and its not a virus cause i already ran a full scan. Ill post a link to the mcafee website where i asked this question and...
  7. File naming errors

File naming errors: Sometimes I will be cleaning up file names. When I go to rename part of it, sometimes I inadvertently end up deleting the name. I used to not worry about it because if I tried to save it without naming it, the old name would just revert, and I could make my correction. With...
  8. file names

file names: When I name a file and use some caps and some lower case letters why is file explorer changing it to all lower case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-names/8467538b-d686-4ac9-9271-62ba146d174f"
  9. File name

File name: I noticed in Program Files {x86} all the files that start with the word Windows are first letter caps except this one - "windows.nt." It doesn't seem right to me. Shouldn't it also be first letter capitalized? I think I remember reading somewhere that it might indicate a...
  10. File names \

File names \: Hi, There is a file named \ in one of my folders, and I can't delete it using any means. I can't just ignore it since its inside a git project. I would really like to delete this file if possible. Thanks in Advance!...